Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

.Info free offer question

Status
Not open for further replies.

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard of this?...

Last month I "registered" a number of .info domains through Dotster's free offer. Yesterday I found out I registered nothing. None of the names showed up in my account so I emailed Dotster about it and received the following reply:

"Unfortunately, the .INFO REGISTRY (as part of this free offer) can accept or decline any registrations that they see fit to. They will not divulge any information on what criteria they are using to determine which domain names are eligible and ineligible for free registration.

Please note that this is done by the registry and has nothing to do with our service or system. You can attempt to register the same domain names from any other registrar of your choice and will have the same result."

What's maddening is the fact that after "registering" these names I rec'd a confirmation email from Dotster stating my order was successfully processed. I thought the names were mine until I went to my account yesterday. You may want to check your account.

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Had you already registered other free .info's?

James

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
768768 said:
Last month I "registered" a number of .info domains through Dotster's free offer.

was it in excess of the 25 max??

jim

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mr Webname said:
Had you already registered other free .info's?

I made 3 "purchases" with Dotster over a couple of days for a total of 24 names. None of the names I attempted to register are in my account. I haven't regged any other free .info names with anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom