Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

.info vs .us - Which is better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stockshark

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am just curious, what does everyone think about .info vs .us as far as future potential? From a USA end-user perspective, aside from .com, .info and .us seem to have way less recognition than .net and .org since many people still don't even know they exist. Although I think that's starting to change a bit, i've noticed over the last couple of months volvocars.us has been heavily marketing this domain and I have seen .info start popping up in ads now too. Personally I have been accumulating a few of each, since I don't know over time which will gain more ground, but my gut is that both will appreciate nicely over time, especially once you get a large company or two that register them and start major marketing campaigns (like volvo) and they start to catch on with the general public. Although I think .us might do a bit better because 1.) it's shorter than .info and easier for to type, and 2.) it might have a bit more commercial appeal as an alternative to .com than .info just because of the nature of the extension. Although on the other hand, if .info were to evolve into an alternate form of direct navigation search, and has international appeal, who knows?

So, what do y'all think? Any guesses on where these two will go in the future? :huh:

Domain Days 2024

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
.info vs .us - Which is better?

.mobi. :rofl:

Sorry to take it off subject. Personally I would by .info over .us pretty much anytime. But I don't really venture beyond .com.

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's international, it's intuitive and it has a supposed purpose.

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
All depends on what type of site your building. .us can be utilized very well for a commercial site with a strictly US audience when there are no suitable .coms avail (think law, insurance etc...). As far as the future is concerned they both appear to have a bright future.

DryHeat

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
All depends on what type of site your building.
Its quite often that one reads this qualifier but the fact is that when domainers ask of an opinion on a subject like this, its not because they wana build a site of their own but primarily because they want a decent ROI, generally via re-sale of names down the road.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Only .info, all the way, it is truly Global.
However , if you are American & are just targetting that audience, .us can be picked up pretty cheap.
TBH considering how insular the US is (generally speaking as a nation, present company excluded. LOL) I am surprised how relatively unsuccessful the extension is, & has been to date.
Pred :scared:

YoYo

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Information lol

ColdGin

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
.info No doubt. What´s the question?

How is that some people think that everything goes around US only?

DomainersNet

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
.INFO
.info is global, .us is not

VirtualT

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
glitch in the space/time fabric (double post)

VirtualT

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yes, info is a TLD, .us is a ccTLD, big difference in geographical market.
I also predict bigger things for .biz in the future :banplease:

ThisDot

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
.info is truly global, but much better suited to information topics than commercial use. For example jewelry.info vs jewelry.us, I would say jewelry.us would be much better. Or jewelry.co.uk, or .com.au etc., because people really are looking for information about jewelry, they are looking to buy it.

gmac17

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
if you are trying to sell a product in the usa only, go with .us

if you have an informational site, price comparison site or any site that isn't u.s. specific, go with .info

Domain Jedi

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you are looking at developing an eCommerce site where your target market is the United States... .us all the way!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom