Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Intel To Pay AMD $1.25 Billion To End Patent, Licensing Disputes

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tekz999

New York, NY (AHN) – Intel has agreed to pay Advanced Micro Devices $1.25 billion to settle a long-standing dispute between the chipmakers over patent and antitrust issues.

Under the agreement, announced Thursday in a joint statement, the companies also will cross-license each other’s patents for five years. AMD will drop suits against Intel in the United States and Japan and Intel will abide by a set of “business practice provisions.”

“While the relationship between the two companies has been difficult in the past, this agreement ends the legal disputes and enables the companies to focus all of our efforts on product innovation and development,” the companies said.

The settlement does not all of Intel’s antitrust problems. A spokesman for Neelie Kroes, competition commissioner for the European Commission, said Intel was still obligated to pay a $1.5 billion fine levied against the company in May for violation of EU antitrust regulations.

Shares of Intel (INTC) were up 0.8 percent after the announcement, while AMD (AMD) was up 23 percent.

Source: inquisitr

I think AMD has gained 200 times its revenue this year. If you just own 1% of a billion, it will be already enough for your entire life, and 3 generations down :rolleyes:

Domain Days 2024

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
saw this earlier...nice settlement :yo:

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
... I wish I had some insider trading on this one ... :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom