Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Interested in Purchasing Owned Domains

Status
Not open for further replies.

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am interested in purchasing a few or more domains dot.com, most of which are parked or don't have any web-sites. I don't think they raise any serious revenue, since although they have app. 500 ovt., without ext., with they have none. They are also not high paying keywords.

How should I go about trying to purchase these? I put a bid in Sedo, however, they didn't respond. Some of them, I don't think are actually worth Sedo's minimum. There is 1 registrar who only takes bids $200 +, for any dot.com. I don't understand why bgdsfhncx.com should go far more than registration fees.

Looking forward to your advice.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
fab said:
I am interested in purchasing a few or more domains dot.com, most of which are parked or don't have any web-sites. I don't think they raise any serious revenue, since although they have app. 500 ovt., without ext., with they have none. They are also not high paying keywords.

How should I go about trying to purchase these? I put a bid in Sedo, however, they didn't respond. Some of them, I don't think are actually worth Sedo's minimum. There is 1 registrar who only takes bids $200 +, for any dot.com. I don't understand why bgdsfhncx.com should go far more than registration fees.

why the interest in purchasing domains, that don't have an "obvious" value?

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
All of them are single (some double) meaningful words, although not very common. I am planning on creating web-sites with them. They are all topic related as well. Generally word.com, will be much easier rated for the key word in search engines than other ones. Easier to remember, and type in.

Gee

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
fab said:

if you want a domain that bad but you don't think it has much market value

calculate your budget for it then shoot it to the owner

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The thing is, I see a lot of complaints here about scammers, sending domain offers. As well as I don't want the owner to get the impression I'm desperate for the domain, and sell far over market value. A parked 500 overture w/o ext., 0 with ext., isn't worth a lot for parking. For a web-site it's worth a lot more. I have original text, and a turnkey, which I can get going in less than a day.

I have a good 10-20 like this, on the same topic, which I'd like to link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom