Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Interesting Email

Status
Not open for further replies.

doc24

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Here is an email I just received ?
Anyone seen these ?
I substituted MYDOMAINNAME for the real name.

Dear Sir or Madam: 2009-3-2

We are a domain name registration service company in China. Yesterday we received a formal application submited by Mr. Steven Lee who wanted to use the keyword "MYDOMAINNAME" to register the Internet Brand and with suffix such as .cn/.com.cn/.net.cn/.hk/.asia/ domain names.

After our initial examination, we found that these domain names to be applied for registration are same as your domain name and trademark. We don’t know whether you have any relation with Mr.Steven Lee. Because these domain names would produce possible dispute, now we have hold down the registration of Mr.Steven Lee, but if we do not get your company’s any reply in the next 5 working days, we will approve this application soon. In order to handle this issue better, Please contact us by fax or email as soon as possible.

Jack
Attorney at law of Legal Department
Tel: 86 513 8532 2060
Fax: 86 513 8532 2065
Email:[email protected]
Web: www.ntwifinetwork.com
Mail No.:379282

Bender

Bending
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
sounds like a fresh way of making you to register worthless .cn names.
it could be legit, though.
I guess we will soon find out, these people tend to send out thousands of emails with the same text, and they will "hit" another DNF member soon.

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Google "Chinese domain scam".

Since when does an domain registration system require anyone to wait while some busybody lawyer looks at domain names and trademarks around the world, and asks the permission of whomever happens to be the registrant of a domain name someplace else?

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Google "Chinese domain scam".

Since when does an domain registration system require anyone to wait while some busybody lawyer looks at domain names and trademarks around the world, and asks the permission of whomever happens to be the registrant of a domain name someplace else?

QFT - this has been discussed a couple of other times here. Plus, what registrar would research other ccTLDs for the TM holder?

I wonder, though, what if this registrar has already registered the domain (say the TM holder does want the domains but goes with their own registrar with it and they're not available).

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not to mention everything I ever got from an attorney just had the first name...

NOT.

A new twist on You Don't Know Jack.

doc24

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes
I sent them a email, have your buyer contact me I will sell my domain to them for 20k because that will save your company and him all the fees for stealing a TM name.

Doc Com
I also told them " They didnt know Jack either "

I had seen other ones but not this one

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom