Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

International Payments

Status
Not open for further replies.

rawkinrich

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi all;

I have sold a load of domains to a US buyer (im in the uk), I have been sent the money via paypal, and paypal want 42GBP for accepting payment!!

Any other and cheaper method?!

Many thanks
Richard

Honan

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Are they paying with a credit card via paypal?

rawkinrich

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am unsure to be honest, either that or the money is already in the paypal acc.. is there any difference?

Rich

Honan

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
rawkinrich said:
I am unsure to be honest, either that or the money is already in the paypal acc.. is there any difference?

Rich
U bet there is
If paying from paypal balance, you could accept payment through a personal pay pal account and pay no fees at all
You just need to alter your credit card/ bank details on your business account and open a new personal a/c with a different email addy and the real credit card and bank details
If your buyer pays to your new personal paypal account and uses paypal balance and not Credit card, there will be no fees

If the buyer is using a credit card, cop it sweet.

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
www.epassporte.com

Not recommended for larger payments tho as no way to withdraw money to your bank account & only way to get money out is to get an electron card (VISA) & then you have like a $500/day withdrawal limit.

Edit: Also, that also means you can't pay anyone anything over $500 in one day either.. don't really like their system heh

dax

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
theparrot said:
I am in the process of trying out ikobo now also, just got my electron Visa today, it is about the same costs as paypal though (more for p2p), and has higher potential withdrawal costs.

Yep, i agree, but you can take your money from your account IN CASH from any Visa ATM IN THE WORLD. Can't be better than that.
They also have free and easy-to-use merchant accounts (very good for not-so-online-developed countries as mine) and it can be used in much wider list of countries (much!) than "poor" Paypal.
The only bad thing is that they did not implement support for wider range of credit cards yet... :( But hope they will...

madcamel

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
anyweb said:
You just need to alter your credit card/ bank details on your business account and open a new personal a/c with a different email addy and the real credit card and bank details

anyweb,
Won't changing the current CC data on my account cancel the account since the CC won't be valid anymore ?

10x

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
cyphix said:
www.epassporte.com

Not recommended for larger payments tho as no way to withdraw money to your bank account & only way to get money out is to get an electron card (VISA) & then you have like a $500/day withdrawal limit.

Edit: Also, that also means you can't pay anyone anything over $500 in one day either.. don't really like their system heh
Why is it so prominent in adult then?

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
cyphix said:
www.epassporte.com

Why is it so prominent in adult then?

Honan

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
madcamel said:
anyweb,
Won't changing the current CC data on my account cancel the account since the CC won't be valid anymore ?

10x
You are right , so you would have to use a 2nd cc to open the personal a/c

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom