Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Internet Explorer/Outlook Express Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

111media

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am having a problem that whenever I right click to save one of my images using Internet Explorer or Outlook Express it automatically tries to save it as format BITMAP without providing me with any other options. Unfortunately, if the image I want to save is a JPEG or GIF I lose formatting or animation by saving it in BITMAP. Does anyone know a) Why it forces me to save BITMAP without giving other iptions and b) How can I switch my MS applications to save in the actual format of the image I am right clicking on.

Thank you in advance for any help as apparently the MS Help doesn't cover this issue.

:-(

stevey

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
had this happen to me once before. dunno why it happened but i ended up formatting and reinstalling windows

111media

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
stevey said:
had this happen to me once before. dunno why it happened but i ended up formatting and reinstalling windows

Ugh, that solution sounds like a lot of work, lol.

I guess if that is the way to fix it that is why Microsoft doesn't address this issue. The weird thing is I can still use my Netscape Browser to correctly right click and save formats so it appears to be Microsoft specific.

missedcall

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Happens usually when u have damaged activex componets.

On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
Click the General tab.
Under Temporary Internet files, click Settings.
Click View Objects.

There will be alot axtivex componets ...delete them all ...some of them are usefull (such as windows update activex) but when needed they will be redownloaded...

Restart IE and should be fine. If after a reboot there are new activex on this folder then run a anti-spyware program to remove any apps adding them.

Also make sure that on Tools/Internet Options/Security you have at LEAST the default level.

If after all problem persists use Mozilla :):):):)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom