Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Internet Gala Event

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParkLogic

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
2e1ax_default_frontpage_20140221_qantas.jpg

Yesterday I flew up to Sydney to attend the annual Internet Industry Association gala dinner. The leaders in the Australian Internet industry were present as well as the heads of the various regulatory authorities, the opposition communications spokesmen.

Malcolm Turnbull, the Australian communications minister provided the keynote speech. I must admit that it would appear that he really wants to engage the industry in cutting red tape, empowering online businesses and providing a framework for innovation. It was really refreshing to hear such a view expounded by the government.

Beeaven Slattery from Megaport also spoke and he described some of the paths that they are taking towards innovating a really unique networking solution. It was like having cloud like services for the network where you could turn on and off pipes within moments via and iphone app.

It was also really nice to catch up with old friends that I served on the board with and to hear what they are doing now. They have a great heart for the industry and I wish them every success in their own business endeavours.

Anyway.....the plane's just been called so I'd better get going!

Read More

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

No members online now.

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom