Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Internet Traffic

Status
Not open for further replies.

zapient

Level 2
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Quick question. I see all these companys that offer internet traffic. They say its not through banner! How are these companys directing traffic. Is is similar to how you direct traffic to a paysight? Or do they have another system in place?

-Zapient-

www.zapient.com

INFORG

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
a lot of these companies deliver "pop-under" traffic. Some have large collections of domains and redirect all the traffic for money too. Some broker the traffic from free lottery sites that make the user click on sites or use other incentivized traffic (i.e. pay per click, click exchanges, etc.).I have found through experience, that this type of traffic is untargeted and generally worthless (and surely not worth the prices)

There are a hundred ways to generate "junk" traffic.

zapient

Level 2
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Thanks 2gajgops.
I was thinking that is was a fools game they were playing. But just thought I would post the question! Any advise on how to increase traffic? I know everyone will not always tell there secrets but any knowlege would help!

DomainPairs

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
There are loads of ways of getting this low grade traffic. false 404s, true 404s, wrong country codes, exit traffic, blind links, delayed popups, web based viruses, link hijacking etc.... It's not very good though because the surfer is often in a bad mood for having been sent to you.

INFORG

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Content and lots of it. You'll find that the sites with the most traffic have the most interesting and complete content. This means taking the time to build a good site. You should also optimize the site for the search engines - do some research on Google for "search engine optimization"

Hang out in lots of forums and link to your site in your signature. Find similar sites and offer reciprocal linking.

If you are going to pay for advertising, find sites that would have the same demographics as you are looking for and see if you can buy banner space or email advertising in their newsletters.

zapient

Level 2
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
2gajgops
Good advise thanks alot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom