Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Interview with the guy who sold WhatsApp.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I would be hard pressed to find a single problem that $19,000,000,000 would not solve. Guess Biggie was wrong.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Probably low $$$$ max, I think the domain sucks personally

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Leroy De Shucks....

Reading an article bout dis place - 55 employees all about to turn into millionaires. There is an engineer that has been with them from day one of inception. Rumors are he will get one percent, which is 16mil.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
To be honest, he feels good about it. Quite the noble approach :D

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
...meanwhile we have starving people living under bridges and shit across America and all kinds of financial crisis and Facebook is spending billions on instant messaging apps, shaking my ****ing head here lol

Now who else thinks this whole thing was funded by the NSA so they can keep track of all the messages and information firsthand across the world on this network? mmm hmm :uhoh:

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Now who else thinks this whole thing was funded by the NSA so they can keep track of all the messages and information firsthand across the world on this network? mmm hmm :uhoh:
The same could (ahem, enter conspiracy theorists) about Google's 3 billion $ acquisition of Nest. Now google will have a foothold inside american homes and will be able to monitor their actual living habits and get instant feedback from these homes. It literally puts google inside your home, even if you have no computers or connections in your house (que Orwell's "big brother" bandwagon).

mvl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Leroy De Shucks....

Reading an article bout dis place - 55 employees all about to turn into millionaires. There is an engineer that has been with them from day one of inception. Rumors are he will get one percent, which is 16mil.

1 percent is $160mil.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Facebook must be getting funding from the Government otherwise I think they would go broke with deals like this, completely insane prices and far overvalued all the way around. People thought the dot com bubble was big when it burst years back, well look what happened to Myspace all of the sudden virtually overnight. Wait until people get bored with Facebook and something else is more interesting and less intrusive. I predict Facebook is gonna be bankrupt eventually, they are big but I don't think they are sustainable personally. Their spending is wreckless and this is a sure sign of desperation to overtake competitors before they get bumped down the ladder. Plenty more competitors to come and you can't buy them all! :cool:

DomainMagnate

Domain Magnate™
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
He's clearly faking being so cool with it. I'm sure he's being tormented every single day about letting the domain go cheap and wakes up in the middle of the night covered in cold sweat realizing the horrific mistake he made!

Facebook must be getting funding from the Government otherwise I think they would go broke with deals like this, completely insane prices and far overvalued all the way around. People thought the dot com bubble was big when it burst years back, well look what happened to Myspace all of the sudden virtually overnight. Wait until people get bored with Facebook and something else is more interesting and less intrusive. I predict Facebook is gonna be bankrupt eventually, they are big but I don't think they are sustainable personally. Their spending is wreckless and this is a sure sign of desperation to overtake competitors before they get bumped down the ladder. Plenty more competitors to come and you can't buy them all! :cool:

It does look like that now, but remember youtube and how surreal the price was back then? $1.65B for what, some site with a bunch of funny cat videos?
Well, it's the 3rd most popular site in the world now and I'm pretty sure it paid off very well for Google, so maybe they can make this work too.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Some cultures are indifferent about money, simple as that. The Dutch have all the weed they need :D

airmax

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The domain has very little to do with the app itself. Regardless of what the domain was the founder turned the company into what it is today. Same situation with the twitter domain.

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If he had asked too much chances are they would have picked a different domain.

Maybe should have asked for % of future revenues or stock, but that's a longshot most of the time, unless they really really wanted that name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom