Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

investing in .de domains

Status
Not open for further replies.

krest

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have been following the domain sale chart for a while and i have seen .de domains sales on the high. I will like to invest into .de domains, please i will need some advice of how to determine the value of these domains.

ImageAuthors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The best advice anybody can give is probably this: Learn German.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Don't be a sucker and avoid domains like duilawyerblahblah.de or onlinepaydayloan.de, names like these are worth nothing :)

HappyDay

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I can tell you all good generics .de are gone since a long time.So if your German is good enough try the drop list. There you will find sometimes generic German words but with different extensions and such things like .ws dont sell easy.

I have sold only 1 de Domain within 3 years but several com\s and a net domain.

Anyway Good LUCK !

Last edited:

dnfuser1234567

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Here is my advice... Use the Google Keyword Tool and find exact search phrases that pass google.com/translate for the english phrase. Then park on Sedo and wait. I have sold 1 of the only 3 .de names I created within under a year this way. I sold a .de with exact matches of only 3600 for Germany for 500 within 7 months. I did have to work the numbers a little from the initial 150 offer, but trust me they got a heck of a deal on a name that is an exact match phrase for German language for one of the most expensive places to vacation. The moral is (while this may have been a fluke) there are loads of opportunity for the domainers that take the time to do research. Best of luck to you! I strongly recommend looking long term into .in, but considering .de is the second most extension for traffic, I see no harm in investing wisely into it. Just note that .in is a gold mine that has not been stripped down yet. Just the other day someone catch jeans.in on a drop as reported on inforum.in...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom