Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Investing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kishin

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I was wondering what investing everyone does? Not including domain names that is......

I am starting to do do some with precious metals and with gold in particular.

Domain Days 2024

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have done a good amount of day trading. Had some days where I made over $10,000 for the day... :) Lately I've been doing more long term investing though. Easier on the blood pressure. :eek:k:

Edder

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have money invested in U.S. stocks.

LazyD

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mike031 said:
real estate is good :)
Very good,I purchased 5 houses with my parents,sold 4,and split the profits.Rented the other one out:)

sjaguar13

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've been into old baseball cards and guitars. There's nothing like a 1968 Nolan Ryan rookie card to go with a 68 Les Paul.

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Real Estate in Las Vegas went from $600,000 per acre in 1999 to $16,000,000 per acre in 2005. The ship hasn't sailed yet, but it's gonna cost a lot to get on now.

jaik

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
:disappoin hi,
i wish i too had some money like u have to invest in something.
thanks,
jaik

Kishin

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
jaik said:
:disappoin hi,
i wish i too had some money like u have to invest in something.
thanks,
jaik
Dont need much to star investing,Few years back I spent about $150 on Gold and SIlver coins,Now those gold and silver coins are worth $200,not a very high return but still good IMO:)http://dnforum.com/images/smilies/cheesy.gif

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
007 said:
Real Estate in Las Vegas went from $600,000 per acre in 1999 to $16,000,000 per acre in 2005. The ship hasn't sailed yet, but it's gonna cost a lot to get on now.
Good article (Forbes).

Edder

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you can afford the down payment of an investment property (i.e. 4-plex apartment), not only will you collect monthly rent from your tenants but your property value will increase every year. Real estate is the REAL goldmine!

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
edder said:
If you can afford the down payment of an investment property (i.e. 4-plex apartment), not only will you collect monthly rent from your tenants but your property value will increase every year. Real estate is the REAL goldmine!

People forget that real estate sometimes goes down. Like when the tax law changed in 86 and the market crashed causing tons of banks and savings and loans to fail under the weight of those defaulted mortgages.

QuantumBeam

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

CAREFUL about "property value will increase every year". Know when to buy Real Estate and when not to. The market always seem to get the "most" people at the "least" likely time. When interest rates begin to rise, all those ARM's & interest only loans will ride right along, and when that credit becomes debt, values of homes will decline by 30-40%.
:disappoin

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
The real estate market is too volatile at this point. I invest in mutual funds and FOREX.

LazyD

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
RADiSTAR said:
The real estate market is too volatile at this point. I invest in mutual funds and FOREX.
The real estate market in my area is red hot,very high demand.Just watched 4 houses around me go up for sale,and all sold in 5 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom