Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Invoice from seller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
As a seller, I complied with the buyer's request to send out a (post-sale) invoice.

As a buyer, I requested one and yet the transaction was deemed complete without the seller sending me one.

I wonder what is the purpose of the feature, if it's not obligatory per each party's request.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't understand what this who 'invoice' thing is about.

I (as a seller) is not directly paid by the buyer, so it's not appropriate for me to invoice the buyer. If there is to be an invoice from me, it should be to Sedo.

I recently (as a buyer) requested an invoice just to see what they would send me, and I got nothing.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Well, as with each new feature at Sedo, I took it "apart" at this thread :D
But I was under the impression that somehow a request for invoice needs to be honored for a transaction to be completed.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They wanted from me once an invoice I told them I am not in invoice business that was it

acronym007

Thankful!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What is crazy is that their logic is flawed. Why can't they create the invoice? It is their transaction. I am a Broker and I can create invoices, why can't I? The seller and buyer conduct their business through Sedo's electronic brokerage service. Everyone I know provides receipts/invoices except Sedo, Sedo puts the effort on the seller which is odd to me.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yup, bizarre.

In a private sale, I can invoice the buyer if they so request it for their records.

I also do not understand why Sedo would pass this on to the seller.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
The issue is not why etc. but why is the request not obligatory. I went through the argument of what to put in the invoice in that other thread; the consensus was that it's ok to itemize the invoice displaying the gross & net funds and the Sedo commission.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Actually Sedo does not sell the domain. The transaction is between you and buyer, Sedo being a payment processor + escrow.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Actually Sedo does not sell the domain. The transaction is between you and buyer, Sedo being a payment processor + escrow.

They generate an itemized "payment request" and then accept payment for it. In my book, that's an "Invoice".

acronym007

Thankful!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Semantics at this point, Sedo is the broker. The broker is Sedo, Sedo is the party responsible for joining the buyer and seller together, they are indeed the procuring cause of the sale.

They generate an itemized "payment request" and then accept payment for it. In my book, that's an "Invoice".

Bingo!

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
OK, this thread is not about the invoice issuing, it's about when a buyer requests an invoice & the seller does not produce one.

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Everyone I know provides receipts/invoices except Sedo, Sedo puts the effort on the seller which is odd to me.

Especially after charging the seller and no one else 10% on every sale.

INFORG

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I also thought it was mandatory if requested in order to process the transaction?
As a seller, I don't have a problem creating an invoice. Some people, especially businesses prefer to have something a little more tangible for accounting purposes.

exxe

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think the invoices cannot be sent if the seller is not a LLC (or at least a registered freelancer).

Last edited:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I also thought it was mandatory if requested in order to process the transaction?
As a seller, I don't have a problem creating an invoice. Some people, especially businesses prefer to have something a little more tangible for accounting purposes.

Exactly.

INFORG

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think the invoices cannot be sent if the seller is not a LLC (or at least a registered freelancer).

I'm neither of those things, and send invoices all the time. If you are selling something (goods or services), you are considered a "sole proprietor" - anybody can create an invoice.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Anyway, no biggie for the specific transaction, however this defines my own personal approach with regards to this supposed requirement. It's either a necessity or it isn't. Essentially, when a request is ignored it's like giving the finger to the buyer.

exxe

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm neither of those things, and send invoices all the time. If you are selling something (goods or services), you are considered a "sole proprietor" - anybody can create an invoice.
Maybe on your side. On mine (Romania), the invoices can be sent only if you run a business.

nomak

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Acro, i think you are referring to the sale that was completed between you and me recently on Sedo. I am from Romania and, as exxe said earlier, here in Romania invoices are sent only if you run a business. So when i was asked to create an invoice, i simply told Sedo that i am not an LLC and i sell domains as an individual. However, i created an invoice for you earlier and uploaded it to Sedo. Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Last edited:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Not a problem and thank you for going the extra mile for the invoice, I appreciate it :D You're a good seller; I simply wanted to gauge Sedo's feedback on the matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom