Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

ipad trademark question

Status
Not open for further replies.

names2buy

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Planning to launch a site to optimize for ipad: ____pad.com. Any tm issues? similar domains (not mine) are the likes of bookpad.com, mathpad.com.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think anything you do that contains the word iPad and is related to the Apple product is infringement, IF it is related to the iPad. There will be a flurry of sites pop up, no doubt. It will simply boil down to getting caught and Apple deciding to pursue.

charlescarreon

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think anything you do that contains the word iPad and is related to the Apple product is infringement, IF it is related to the iPad. There will be a flurry of sites pop up, no doubt. It will simply boil down to getting caught and Apple deciding to pursue.

I'm not so sure about that. Creativity is stimulated by the effort to work around existing trademarks, sometimes quite successfully.

Imagine, for example, FLYPAD, FLIPPAD, PADAPP ... the question is often whether the new mark is in the same category of goods and services, and whether there is any kind of real product behind the new mark. Don't get me wrong -- caution is always indicated when stepping too close to the Jobs-man's walled garden, but calculated risks can be worth taking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom