Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

IPadHD.com is taken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnn

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
CNET has learned that Apple's next tablet will be called the iPad HD instead of the iPad 3.
A developer who's previously provided reliable information with respect to things Apple and otherwise tells us the next iPad uses the HD moniker instead of going with "iPad 3."
That matches up well with a report from Gizmodo last week (and an item just posted on VentureBeat) that included an alleged list of upcoming cases from Griffin, listing the product as "iPad HD (3)", as well as corresponding usage reports from an application called Tapatalk that included "iPad HD" among the list of devices using it.
One big remaining question is whether that name is already in use. Apple owns the rights to the iPad name in the U.S. and other countries (though that's being debated in courts in China right now), but have others already beaten it to the punch online?
On the domain front, the answer to that question is yes. The owner of iPadHD.com told CNET earlier today that he registered the domain before the original iPad was announced in 2010. He told us that he's never been contacted by Apple about the domain in the years he's held onto it. That includes the last few weeks.

midgetlov

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah...I'm pretty sure they've had this planned for a while. I unfortunately sold the domain HDPad.com nearly 2 years ago...since then the page has never resolved and is privacy protected. I'm fairly certain they bought it from me...I'm 100% sure I cost myself a bit of $$$ selling it when I did. (sold it for x,xxx)

Cheers,

-Midgetlov

Johnn

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's not the actual name. It's marketing plan to get more speculate about the name on the news to draw more attention.
They will announce the name soon and I am sure it's not The New Ipad (They are smart and should be able to come up with a better name than that!)

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
BREAKING: The new iPad is called "Steve Jobs" in honor of the late founder of Apple.

dominator

Corporate Design, Naming & Branding
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
the "i" is now an integral part of the "ipad", so 2nd "i" has to be added, it's gonna be iiPad
(steve jobs was the 2nd choice)

brian1234

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I think I might reg thenewnewnewipad.com, so I can
attempt to capitalize on future iPad versions...

Thinking ahead!

:)

Entropy

Level 2
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hmmm... well someone's mighty hopeful... iPad88.com is even registered... :uhoh:

Who knows? In approx 160 years, there may well be such a device.

tetrapak

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If Iran does not iNuke until then!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom