Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

IpassTime.com - sending bills and giving my contact as admin contact

Status
Not open for further replies.

stock_post

JewelryRelated.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I Pass time .com Billing people illegally.

I got a call early today about 7:00 AM for some one asking me why I am billing them?

I am like what?

he explains me that he has my contact info as administrative contact and his credit card is billed.

I explained him I have nothing to do with that asked him to open dispute with this CC company.

Any one who owns iPassTime.com or what they etc?

Any suggestions on getting out of this is appreciated.
Basically don't want any further calls on this and like to know what I can do?

Thanks

chamac

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just checked the domain. I was going to check the WHOIS information, but received a message that IPASSTIME.COM is available to register.

I Pass time .com Billing people illegally.

I got a call early today about 7:00 AM for some one asking me why I am billing them?

I am like what?

he explains me that he has my contact info as administrative contact and his credit card is billed.

I explained him I have nothing to do with that asked him to open dispute with this CC company.

Any one who owns iPassTime.com or what they etc?

Any suggestions on getting out of this is appreciated.
Basically don't want any further calls on this and like to know what I can do?

Thanks

Cartoonz

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
that is the whois result for ipastime.com (ONE "S")
Is that your domain or is that the imposter?

if you want a mod to delete it, go for it... this forum isn't editable for us mortals...

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Correct - posts in the legal forum cannot be edited by members to prevent people from "changing" their tune down the road. I took out the street address and the last 7# of the phone number.

As for Stock_Post - I would notify the registrar ASAP because not only is it against policy to have someone else's contact as the whois, if there is fraud being conducted, then they should know about it, too.

ICANN Registrar: MYDOMAIN, INC.
Created: 2009-02-09
Expires: 2010-02-09
Updated: 2009-04-01
Registrar Status: ok
Name Server: NS1.STEALTHYHOSTING.COM (has 62 domains)
Name Server: NS2.STEALTHYHOSTING.COM (has 62 domains)
Whois Server: whois.namesdirect.com

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There is a lot of this going around.

Now, especially for Biggedon, replace "EXAMPLE.COM" with one of your domains.

I have a stock response:

----
It appears that you have sent us a misdirected inquiry in one of the general categories described below.

We operate a network of websites which are used to advertise products and services of others. If you have contacted us because of a belief we have sold something to you, or charged you for something in relation to one of our websites, please do the following:

1. Look at the website in question. For example, if you contacted us about EXAMPLE.COM, please visit WWW.EXAMPLE.COM.

2. Notice that there is nothing to buy, subscribe or order at the website you are looking at.

A. Product or Service Complaints:

We did not sell you a product or service.

It is very likely that you have confused our website address with another website address. If you ordered a product from EXA-MPLE.COM, then contacting us at EXAMPLE.COM will not be helpful.

Helpful Hint: Sometimes performing a Google search on the product or service you bought, and the party from whom you think you bought it, will help you find the site from which you actually bought the product or service

B. Credit Card Billing Issues

We have no way of charging anything to your credit card.

If you received a charge on your credit card or mobile phone statement identifying "EXAMPLE.COM" and that is one of our websites, then you need to understand that merchants can do business, and can generate charges in their business name, using any identifier they choose. If a company has set up a business as "Santa Claus", then they will bill your credit card as "Santa Claus". This does not mean that an old man and his elves exist and have billed you from the North Pole. We sometimes receive communications which indicate one of our website addresses was used as a billing reference by a fraudulent or scam service. We have no way of billing you for anything. If your bill does show one of our website addresses, we would like to know about that, so that we may investigate who may be falsely using one of our website addresses as a billing identification.

Helpful Hint: If you have received a bill which identifies one of our websites as a billing reference, you need to contact your bank, mobile provider, or credit card company in order to find out the actual contact information of whomever mis-identified themselves as one of our website addresses, and dispute the charge.

C. Spam

None of our website addresses is capable of sending email.

If you received a spam email which you believe came from one of our website addresses, you must understand that identifying information in email is easily forged by spammers. We do not send email from any of our website addresses. In fact, since we only use these website address for providing web pages, we work with a leading spam detection organization to collect and forward email to them for spam identification, because there should be no reason why anyone is sending email to our website addresses.

Helpful Hint: If you are unable to read an SMTP header, find someone who knows what an "SMTP header" is, and they can provide you with further information about where your spam may have come from.

-----

But I remain confused.

Do I gather thus far that one "S" is in your domain name, and two "SS" are on the guy's bill?

That's the typical pattern for these sorts of "why are you billing me?" complaints. Most of the time, they looked up WHOIS for the wrong domain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom