Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Iran Buying Rover??!!??

Status
Not open for further replies.

csitenet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Many people in usa probably won't know much about the Rover collapse. I couldn't belive my eyes when i was reading bbc news and saw this article .

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4472939.stm

Its actually looking likely they are going to put a serious bid in there!
Personally i think its a waste of money !!

draqon

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i guess iran wants to make it easier for its suicide bombers to find affordable transportation. its hard to blow up a hospital or kindergarten or some other equally admirable target without an affordable way to get there.

csitenet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i guess iran wants to make it easier for its suicide bombers to find affordable transportation. its hard to blow up a hospital or kindergarten or some other equally admirable target without an affordable way to get there.

Do you even know what your talking about?
For your information suicide bombers have little need for money as most are funded by very very rich arab organizations and till now Iran has never had a suicide bomber to my knowledge.

octobus

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hezbollah at least recieves some of its funding from Iran. Neverthless it has hadly anything to do with an iranian car manufacturer having discussions about buying the bankrupt Rover MG.

csitenet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hezbollah at least recieves some of its funding from Iran. Neverthless it has hadly anything to do with an iranian car manufacturer having discussions about buying the bankrupt Rover MG.
Very true, but iran help's Hezbulah nothing as much as isreal is helped financially and militarily by usa and uk!

stevey

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i think its way to late, they all need to just realise that its over and find new jobs and move on with there lives, the company has been loosing money for a long time and the dont own anything, all the land and factories belong to phenoix ventures, the rover brand now belongs to china along with alot of the engine schmatics. BMW brought the only good thing from rover a few years ago, the mini, i beleive that the chineese also now own the MG and Rover brand name, all whats left are just 5000 workers, not to forget that most of the companys that supplied rover there parts have either gone out of buissness or have laid off most of there staff already

csitenet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
China bought the rights to make 2 rover models. MG is still a rover trademark i belive. Owning the company still gives you the intelectual rights to make the car without requirement of a license.

I really doubt if Iran buys it they will keep the workers. They can get the same workforce in Asia for 1/5 th of the price!

csitenet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
imho if bmw can't make rover a success, doubt any other company can!
Its a crazy idea for small companies to take over rover! Even Parts of rover. It will just lose them money. But i must say, when rover was bought from bmw they got a AMAZING deal, good loan, plenty of ready made cars all for £10 :) i wouldn't mind taking it for that price too :eek:k:

octobus

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
well.. it requried a bit more financial muscle than £10 to acquire Rover, even though that was the price in the sales contract.

csitenet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
True but as far as i know they had £900,000,000 in loans / ready made cars as well !

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom