Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

IRS tax refund - Is it possible someone else cash it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHKIPSLIPKNOT666

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I still didn't get my tax refund from 2004(yes 2004, two years ago)
IRS said they send it to my old address on August 2005 (i moved around June 2005 and notify local mail office and IRS right after i moved).
I 've been calling IRS about my money, and finally they send me a new check on Jan 2006. However, they still send it to my old address. I called again, they said someone cashed my check.
A week ago, my ex landlord call me and told me his new tenant though it is his tax refund and cash it..
Is it possible? for someone else to cash my IRS check?

Domain Days 2024

dsturbed

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Usually. Not unless you signed it.

But, anyone with enough initiative that found a check valuing XXXX could find a way to cash it. Im from NY ... so I know Its definetly doable

dvestors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, there are places that will cash checks without valid ID's so it is possible.

If your ex-landlord actually said who cashed it. Get his name and number and get your money back. :boxing: Saying he thought it was his is not an excuse...that's BS and something a 5 year old would say.

When you called the IRS and they told you your check was cashed, and you said it wasn't you who cashed it, what did they say?

If they issue you another one, which I doubt, ask for direct deposit this time. :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom