Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Is a reordered LLLL.com letters infringing??

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALGDomains

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I picked up a LLLL.com recently and I determined the same 4 letters in another order have a commerical site up at a dot com address.

The commercial site's name is an acronym for their actual name, for example:

Friends of Rescued Animals = FORA.com (this is just an example not the real name)

So if I own OFRA.com, would it be kosher to offer it for sale to FORA.com?

Given that we're dealing with acronyms I didn't think my OFRA.com would be considered TM infringing on FORA.com but perhaps someone with more knowledge might disagree? I obviously don't want to make trouble for myself over this either.

Thanks for any insight on this.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So if I own OFRA.com, would it be kosher to offer it for sale to FORA.com?
I think it would be KOSHA to offer it to OFRA and possibly to OPRAH for all the potential mispronounciations of her name.

Seriously, why not?

Or do a parody of the OFRA WIMPY SHOW...OFRA.COM.

I need some help here...a couple of years ago I came across a parody site of google...I was a hiphop rap Snoop Dogg thing where the Google name had been mispelled intentionally, something like SHCIZOOGLE and the two O's had spinner hubcaps rotating. All the search engine results were in that vein of lingo and hip hop returns and it was hilarious. These were actual search results from a very creative and complex search engine interface. Come to find out, Google loved it and let it be.

There is potential here. You just need the right person to come along and see this and run with it. It takes a twisted mind like mine to see it. I've got too many projects in the works and can't touch it.

Ya never know. But I realize this may not be the actual word. My guess is something closer to PETA.

Who's got the OFRA thingy?

DNQuest.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Given the example above, the senario may fall under typo-squatting which is equally illegal and cybersquatting. With that said, it is how you use the doamin and how you approach a TM holder. (By ackowledging the company goes by FORA, you are acknowleding thier TM). In cases with a acronym, they can be hard to prove as long as you don't give the ammunition. So if your sole purpose of registering the OFRA is so you can sell it to FORA, that can be deemed bad faith. In reality, if you approach them properly, they probably wouldn't do a thing except say yes or no. It is all in hte presentation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom