Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Is Alexa really accurate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cokee

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I doubt it.

Uhome.net is one of the heavy traffic portal in Hong Kong. It got 789,371 unique audience in Nov, accord to Nielsen NetRatings. but Alexa shows it only have 372 Traffic Rank.

But some unfamous search engine got over 1M Traffic Rank! How could this happen? What is the real meaning of "Traffic Rank"? What method do Alexa use for traffic measurement?

system0

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
alexa only measures traffic from people who have their alexa bar installed

i wouldnt use it for any traffic calculation and my personaly view is that the only people that use it are webmasters

pay no attention to it :)

cokee

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
oh i see, thanks for your clarification.

DomainPairs

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I think with alexa the lower the number the better the ranking. This is the only sensible way to do it.

microsoft.com have a ranking of 9 for example.

cokee

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
LOL! interesing :)

M

mole

IMHO, Alexa and Overture as performance metrices suck big time. Agree that they are the instruments of those in, or related to, the industry - not the typical websurfer.

So far, I am learning a lot more about key words and traffic potential by investing into Google Adwords. By correlating click throughs, positioning of your ads, and amount of impressions delivered for any one key word, you get a much stronger sense of where the demand is and what you need to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom