Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Is any OVT good OVT? Some OVT questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmy0x52

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So I've been querying the names I'm coming up with in Overture's search tool, and I have some questions.

1) If the domain is Word1Word2.com and you query overture for "Word1 Word2" without quotes, and it comes back with the first result is "Word2 Word1" is this still good OVT for this site? In this case, I'm getting almost 31K OVT with Word2 Word1.

2) If your domain name's words are in an OVT phrase, but aren't the whole phrase (Like say I searched for "goose hunting" and the OVT comes back with results like "good goose hunting" and "goose hunting mating calls") is this still considered good OVT?

3) Lastly - is the only point for checking OVT to see if someone is actually going to type in the name? Or is this for assuming the search engine is going to index it and based on the name it's going to return it high? Should I only be checking OVT for names that will be typed in - and to bring in traffic check stuff like alexa,google,msn for the actual domain itself and any links?

Thanks in advance for any help!

--Jimmy

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
#1 - any phrase that brings up high overture (10,000+) is good to register in the .com , and sometimes the other extensions, the words on overture arent always displayed in the order they were searched on , for example "alternative medicine" phrase might show up as "medicine alternative" on overture ,and also it does not display the plurals (s), you have to use your common sense there.

#2 - if the exact phrase is not there then it probably is not getting searched on , since overture keyword selector tool is just that , how many times last month that term got searched on at yahoo/overture.

#3 - refer to #2 , and it has nothing to do with indexing. You will want to check for domains with extension also, .com - .net etc... (alternativemedicine.com is example with extension - no spaces and with the ext.) , USA overture only displays if a domain with ext. or phrase that have a score of 25 or more , so it might have ovt w/ext of 9 but you dont know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom