Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

is anyone using Ultima v1.02

Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain Days 2024

jtsmith21

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I wrote my own in ASP script that does the exact same thing (no it's not for sale).

Mine does really well compared to when they were parked. It's only been running for about a week but has generated a ton of linkable pages. About 50% of the people that visit click on something (compared to 8% with it parked). Remarkably they click on the link google link bar about 50% of the time. THat's the first time I have ever seen a darn google link bar generate any revenue for me.

Have I used the actualy Ultima Script? No. But it looks very nice and I am sure the idea is sound. At 50 clams it's a deal. Took me an entire day to write the ASP equivalent. If I weren't a bored ASP programmer I would have bought it myself ;)

I can't wait to see how the search engines rate the site after all that content is present.

~JT

mistermouse63

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
congrats! what you did sounds great. so google doesnt have anything against such displaying of their ads?

jtsmith21

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Evidentally not (think I remember reading where the Ultima author called them about it...don't quote me on that though). I even put one of my sites on adwords for a day to get a little traffic going...google reviewed them and banned them because I used the same font and color for the title of the search :) They said I was violating their trademark and asked me to remove it. So they did look at the site and gave me no grief about anything else.

If all else fails just call them and ask them!

~JT

mistermouse63

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
what bothers me about Ultima is language support. i've got a lot of non-english traffic. ads in those languages show up with with weird symbols instead of some letters.

Is the person who created Ultima on this forum? could anyone give his contacts?

T

tekz999

My programmer created Ultima, and hes not a member here. I have asked my programmer about multi-language support. Lets see how it goes.

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've got it up and running on four sites as of this morning - will let everyone know how it goes.

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

mistermouse63

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
btw, just a quick question. does Ultima use "Google for Search" and displays the ads within the site? or does it have a special script to get the Google ads?

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've got it figured out now - it was a php setting. I 'm not all that fussy about having it turned on, but it does now work.

One of the test sites - ukfw.com

As for rev - can't say yet as they just went online today. But I am going to put the script on some higher traffic domains and see what happens.

copper

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've got it figured out now - it was a php setting. I 'm not all that fussy about having it turned on, but it does now work.

One of the test sites - ukfw.com

As for rev - can't say yet as they just went online today. But I am going to put the script on some higher traffic domains and see what happens.
change the logo

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

mistermouse63

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
by the way, how do you enter your google code into Ultima? is it done through some interface or you have to do this the hard way?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom