Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Is DNF a good place to sell domains?

Status
Not open for further replies.

asg11us

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've got a large portfolio of names that I'd like to sell. I know that I lot of buying/selling goes on here at DNF, but it seems that most of the buyers are resellers and not end users.

I'm just wondering if you can get a "fair market value" selling here or if sellers would be better off using alternate means. Granted, I understand that "fair market value" when it comes to domain names is only what someone is willing to pay.

Also, does anyone know how much buying/selling in the domain market is done by speculators/resellers vs. end users (i.e. companies)?

Thanks.

Andy

BobDiGiTaL

Domain Lover
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DNF is full of resellers. There are some end users here also.
Just list your domains and you'll know for sure.

Because most companies are clueless when it comes to domains, I would say 95% are bought by resellers. There are domain acquisition companies, too.

asg11us

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've only been on this forum for about a week, but so far my results haven't been what I expected. I guess I just need to be patient and give it time.

Thanks for the advice!

VirtualT

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The forums are great for clearing liquid names such as LLL/NNN and generics. You will have a harder job selling niche .coms for anything near what an enduser would pay.

lvddomains

Level 4
Reaction score
Where else would be better to get rid of Domain? Nothing seems to work!

VirtualT

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Where else would be better to get rid of Domain? Nothing seems to work!

the secret is to buy domains that have some immediate resale value, then try and sell it for more than what you paid for it, if you need to "get rid of it" why would you think any body else wants it? :)

zangief

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
And what I learned from dnforum is , since resellers are here you need to have good quality domains for selling.

asg11us

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree that you need to have good quality names, but I also think they need to be moderately priced. I feel this is true because there are so many resellers here (myself included) that are obviously looking to make a profit. That means they're probably going to pay below optimal market prices. Unless of course you have a great single word generic or LLL/LL.com. The sky is the limit for those names right now.

arpitgosai

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
DNF is the place where you can find most experienced domainers (what I think).

You must have quality domains if you want to sell them here. And another thing is that you will get resell prize, not end user prize. So obviously it will be less. But you have quality domains you can sell them speedily here because there are many buyers in DNF who are eager to buy some great names for future profit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom