Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Is DNF ever down for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pleasedelete

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Most days, it seems that I can't access DNForum.com. I'm located in Central Florida and I get a "page cannot be displayed" error. DNF will be gone in the mornings for hours at a time. Does this ever happen to anyone else? One day while DNF was down, I visited penpals.com (which is also owned by Adam) and it was down too.

I'm just curious as to whether this is a small problem which is hard to fix that only affects a few people, or whether everyone else has observed the same.

NETGEEK

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
This is the first I'm hearing of that as well. If any other members are/have experienced this please let us know.

csitenet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
when its busy sometimes it goes down for me! after 20 seconds i refresh and it works!

NETGEEK

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
dntalk said:
when its busy sometimes it goes down for me! after 20 seconds i refresh and it works!

Yes that is true, but it shouldn't be for "hours at a time".

pleasedelete

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Looks like it only happens over here. Probably an IP issue.

Synozeer

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm in South Florida, and the pages take long for me to load, due to it hanging on the bannerpages.com banners. This only happens at my work computer, not my home computer. This started happening about the time when the forum software was updated.

Adam

dvestors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It has been down a few times for me before. It's not my service or connection either. I think It was down once, for about an hour. Othertimes, it has been just a couple minutes.

I get the "page cannot be displayed" error.

luvkycool

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Yes same for me,one time it was down for more then an hour.

I can confirm also getting the cannot display page error.

csitenet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i am very sure it was donw a few mins ago! cause the online member list went to 0! though i think that was a normal server restart :D

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I find DNF down from time to time.

My biggest problem is my popup blocker wants to block the DNF or bannerpage.

Plus, if I keep trying. It throws me offline.

I only seem to have this problem with DNF.

Is it because of all of the banners or something to do with cookies?

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Comcast has had at least 3 DNS outages in the past week ... thus for those folks, the problem was Comcast not the sites.

Ron

NETGEEK

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
valuenames said:
Comcast has had at least 3 DNS outages in the past week ... thus for those folks, the problem was Comcast not the sites.

Ron

Comcast has been terrible in many areas for the past few months with periodic drops throughout the day or full outages.

I finally started changing my DNS manually from time to time and it has helped.....somewhat :-(

Anyone needing help with the Comcast mess can check out DSL Reports

PapaStiz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
NETGEEK said:
Comcast has been terrible in many areas for the past few months with periodic drops throughout the day or full outages.

I finally started changing my DNS manually from time to time and it has helped.....somewhat :-(

Anyone needing help with the Comcast mess can check out DSL Reports

I get this almost every day. I have bought a subscription to the-cloak.com to use their server to get here when I am unable to log in. For a while I thought DNforum had really bad up time, then I figured out it was me. Very odd indeed.

NavySeals91

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DNF doesn't go down for me

furca

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Netgeek, every once in a while DNF puts me on the BLOCK LIST. I message DCG and he clears the list.

I get banned every 3 days.

pleasedelete

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I started keeping track of downtime. On Thursday at 11:28am EST, I first noticed DNForum.com and PenPals.com down. I tried repeatedly and could not access them on Thursday and Friday. On Monday, I tried at 12:05 noon and they were still down (although I didn't try visiting them on Saturday or Sunday). Yesterday DNF was up and today as well.

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Are you on Comcast? -If so that's the problem - their DNS / network has been up and down for the past couple of weeks.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom