Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Is DNFORUM a good place to advertise ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NameWolf

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello Folks,

What do you think ? Would it be a smart investment to work with DNForum in terms of advertising for a hosting company ? We have been working with overture, google as well as opera and we are looking for some more targetted advertising oppurtunities for our hosting business.

Your comments will be very much appreciated.

Regards,

Giant

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't know about that... WHT is very crowded with hosting messages. And I think most of the regulars are people who provide hosting services as well. If you think about the target market, people who buy domains naturally require more hosting than the average web user. Your message would probably stand out better here. Whether that would translate to sufficient business for the cost is another question. It's certainly worth a try.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would also disagree with that. WHT is all hosting companies, gurus, and resellers. You are better off advertising on a NON hosting site, like dnforum, so to answer your question, yes, dnforum would be a good place to advertise hosting.

Just my 2 cents - I make no commission :eek:k:

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by GiantDomains
I make no commission :eek:k:

We'll need 2 years of tax returns and some affadavits to be sure
:-D :-D

NameWolf

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments folks. Very much appreciated and keep 'em coming... :)

We are leaning towards working with DNForum at least for a month and go on from there according to the results.

Regards,

Giant

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Maybe sitepoint ?

Make sure you track the visitors DNF gives you.

I leart how well overture and google do for me by tracking how many clicks myself and then tracking which clickers buy.

Alot of the clicks from ovt and google buy.

But i am not a webhost :)

Remember provide GOOD SERVICE to your customers :)

DNWizardX9

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by FrontRow
I don't know about that... WHT is very crowded with hosting messages. And I think most of the regulars are people who provide hosting services as well. If you think about the target market, people who buy domains naturally require more hosting than the average web user. Your message would probably stand out better here. Whether that would translate to sufficient business for the cost is another question. It's certainly worth a try.

Wrong, not everyone on WHT is a host. They have alot of nonhosts too. Check out the hosting requests section and see all the kids begging for free hosting jk

.biz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
if i were you, i would advertise on a few site. true that WHT has too many hosting companies there, so you can't compete w/ the old timer.

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Jeff

Wrong, not everyone on WHT is a host. They have alot of nonhosts too. Check out the hosting requests section and see all the kids begging for free hosting jk

You obviously did not read my message before replying to it...

Please try again :huh:

DNWizardX9

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by .biz
if i were you, i would advertise on a few site. true that WHT has too many hosting companies there, so you can't compete w/ the old timer.

Again you guys are wrong. There are many nonhosters on WHT. Dot5hosting advertisers on WHT as well as a slew of other advertisers. If you asked dot5 how they started they basically started out small and bought advertising on WHT and soon they got their large client base.

Other advertisers on WHT include server4you, uplinkearth, hostventures etc.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I would take the @ you would invest here and other sites and bid higher @ overture and google and bid on more terms.

I love overture :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom