Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Is DNForum.com right for the sale of this domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

abbynormal

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am in the final stage (a few days from signing the sales contract) of negotiating the sale of a developed web site, the domain name being an important part of it. The main value of the transaction is debatable, the domain name and associated traffic is of significant value, but the existing revenue ($500k+/year) is also a major component, of course.

I don't really want to just put it out there for the public to see that it's for sale, but I am curious of any recommendations on where I could test the waters to see if there might be a better deal out there lurking in the domainer industry. Just not sure if domainers are interested in running the (niche app. hosting) business associated with the domain.

Look forward to your replies!

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have something to sell, but I am not going to tell what it is. Are you interested in spending millions on my product without knowing what it is?

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have something to sell, but I am not going to tell what it is. Are you interested in spending millions on my product without knowing what it is?

lol....yes!...SOLD!..:)

joking....but really...to have anybody here be able to answer/help you....we would need some more info at the least....

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am in the final stage (a few days from signing the sales contract) of negotiating the sale of a developed web site, the domain name being an important part of it. The main value of the transaction is debatable, the domain name and associated traffic is of significant value, but the existing revenue ($500k+/year) is also a major component, of course.

I don't really want to just put it out there for the public to see that it's for sale, but I am curious of any recommendations on where I could test the waters to see if there might be a better deal out there lurking in the domainer industry. Just not sure if domainers are interested in running the (niche app. hosting) business associated with the domain.

Look forward to your replies!

On a serious note. The only way to see if anyone is interested is to make a post. You can always leave the stats, traffic, revenue, etc, until the potential buyer submits a non-compete agreement or other legal document your lawyer can set up. After they submit the prescreening you can release such info.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

There are ways around Google and other nosy spiders.

Selling: domain(.)com
Selling: domain(dot)com
Selling: domain,com

Etc..

If you're looking for an appraisal or a sale without those spiders peeking in those are a good way to start. Also, don't forget to include anything relevant (stats, traffic, revenue, the actual domain, registration information (how long is left on the registration), etc..).

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
domain(dot)com my recommendation

MAllie

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Agreeing to buy something without knowing what it is is called 'buying a pig in a poke.' It's what they want us to do in Ireland tomorrow by saying 'yes' to the Lisbon Treaty. Which is why I'm voting 'no.' :)

abbynormal

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
FYI, I'm not asking anyone here to buy anything (jdk, tonyfloyd). I was asking for advice.

Specifically, I was asking if DNForum was the right place for this type of thing, as it's more of a web business, not strictly a domain name sale. Although, I feel domainers will see the intangible value of the domain and traffic more than the business brokers that have negotiated my current deal.

I may post it here, if I can do so with minimal outside eyes peering in (i.e. non dnf reg. users). How would I do that?

copper

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
FYI, I'm not asking anyone here to buy anything (jdk, tonyfloyd). I was asking for advice.

Specifically, I was asking if DNForum was the right place for this type of thing, as it's more of a web business, not strictly a domain name sale. Although, I feel domainers will see the intangible value of the domain and traffic more than the business brokers that have negotiated my current deal.

I may post it here, if I can do so with minimal outside eyes peering in (i.e. non dnf reg. users). How would I do that?
Post it here.
Only platinum and Exclusive members can see it ;)

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DNF is a good venue to sell a project like the one you were mentioning but outside eyes can see the sales as I'm sure this site has tens of thousands of non-registered people viewing the threads.

Follow my suggestion above to keep the search engines from seeing the sales which should lower the number of outside eyes peering.

The only way you'll keep just anyone from looking is to conduct the business 100% in private channels, email, phone, etc..

I do not know if the exclusive sales section (for exclusive members to post in only but anyone can view) has spider prevention in them, though.

Edit: Copper, you posted the platinum chat area which is not for sales or promotions.

Edit #2 - I'm logged out on my other PC
I can see in the platinum sales section
I can NOT see in any of the exclusive sales section. If you want to keep search engines and non-logged in people from viewing, you can upgrade to exclusive and post it in one of the exclusive sales section.
The two sections:
Exclusive Domains for Sale : Only exclusives can post domains for sales but only gold, platinum, and exclusive members can view and reply
Exclusive Sales - Only exclusive members can post, view, and reply in this section

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom