Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Is ebay good for selling domains?

Status
Not open for further replies.

-JR-

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Is ebay good for selling domains? I have a bunch of domain names and I want to try to sell them on ebay. Any comments/advice on selling domains on ebay is greatly appreciated.

Kishin

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You might get fake bids. I have seen it happen a lot. Pretty much the only negative.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have seen some pretty good names go on ebay. I would recommend only selling names of small cost. If you sell larger names do not accept paypal. Instead use an escrow service and you should be fine.

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The ebay domain section is horrible to look through. You might find some gems in the sand but you have to look deep. I have yet to get anything good from Ebay buying or selling.

slavahosting

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
buying is kinda bad at ebay because everything is overpriced, but selling you are just fine, because theres a lot of idiots who will pay too much for the domains. I actually prefer paypal for accepting payments because the paypal protection plan covers only tangible items, and a domain is not considered by paypal to be a tangible item therefor payment is nonrefundable.

Dimva

High Traffic Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Have never sold any domains there..
Is this -RJ- on n a m e p r o s? Dont think so?

NickRac

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've found that I usually get a little above wholesale on ebay...so usually yes - but if you are looking to sell to me...then no ;-)

Blarian

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's been hit or miss lately on eBay; and yes you really have to look deep sometimes to find anything half way decent.

ChristinaInCanada

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It seems like domains go for REALLY low prices on eBay...I don't think I'd recommend it. Better to sell on here OR contact the end users yourself to make a sale. More work but also a lot more profit. :)

~Christina~

domaintalk

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Your question is like ? is selling ducks illegal? (sarcasm)

Well heres my review:

Ebay has been a well known market to sell stuff but domains get sold for a very low rate there.

Ofcourse thats an valid reason because:
There are very few domainers who buy domains.

Most of them are newbies.

But the good point is if you have a thrash name just lying around, it can get sold as those domainers are just noobs so they just buy whatever they get.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom