Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Is Enom capturing customers of other registrars ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
OK I own a .com name that I let expire. The domain was registered at registerfly under Enom's umbrella (before they got their own credentials). So the registrar for this name is Enom.

Got this in the mail today:
Hello ####

This is a reminder to let you know that your domain name www.ma####.com has recently expired.

There is still time to renew! You can renew the domain name by calling 425-274-4500 ext 4262 or by logging into your account.

If you require instructions on how to renew your domain please let me know and I will gladly email them to you. Please ask about our multi year discount rates.

Kind regards,
Elida Flores
eNom Inc
[email protected]
425-274-4500 ext 4262
Of course we know that registerfly are renewing domains under their own credentials, which involves a transfer of registrar. Since the domain has already expired it is likely the transfer would screw up.
Is this an established tactic by Enom to get your business ?

Domain Days 2024

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
enom has always grabbed regfly's exp names.

perhaps, and this is just a guess, but maybe enom had an agreement to keep all those registrations, prior to regfly going solo.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ah OK. I think I have already received this at least once in the past but I let other names at regfly expire too (knowingly). I don't receive this for all expired names though.

jazzpetals

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I get the same emails from Enom, even though my domains are at namebargain.com...funny too is that I changed my password at Enom, and received the confirmation mail...but it was from Namebargain, although my Namebargain password remained the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom