Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Is EURODNS.COM A complete CON ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

miguelblanco

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have had over 170 .es names with eurodns since .es was launched. I renewed them all in September and paid for them.

I was looking through SEDO today and noticed some of my domains on auction. e.g. mago.es, ala.es, estadio.es.

I checked the whois and guess what looks like eurodns have taken my money but not renewed my names. They are all still listed in my eurodns account with expiry dates in late 2009, the who is on nic.es is no longer my name.

Does anyone know where I stand legally, I have been renewing these names for the last 3 years with a view to selling them much further down the line. Many of them are generic and would eventually be worth a lot.

To say I'm slightly pissed would be an understatement. I have spent a considerable amount of time and money in getting this portfolio together,

Who do these companies answer too, can they just do this?

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:

chillking

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They should compensate you thousands i have paid them for 3 year on one of my .es im going to check to see if 3 years means 3 years sorry to here this it sounds like they pay on the last second instead of instantly renewing them .

miguelblanco

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Not called sent them a message. No one there at the moment. Massively stressed

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
These are nice domains. If it's a bug on their end then it really sucks. I hate buggy registrars :upset:

dolansco

LLL or HELLL
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Happens ALL the time with eurodns .

BTW .. Support is crap ... They will blame you or ignore you ( whichever is easier )

They really do take the piss

miguelblanco

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Difficult for them to blame me, I have the invoices from them saying that the domains have been renewed. They also took my money.

Anyone know what the position is legally?

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Took nearly 45 days to get them to give me the transfer auth of a name I purchased.

I had to set up an account to take possession and they still gave me the runaround and back-and-forth emails to transfer.

To me, this was purely stall tactics to let the name expire or renew at their inflatable prices.

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
These are a bunch of jokers i would rather pay more and use somebody else.icann should sort this mess out but i forgot they are just as corrupt themselves.

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have been wondering about them as well, inclined to believe most of the horror stories.
Miguelblanco, they seem to have no problem with gaping holes...you should rip em a new one.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Any progress on this issue ?

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Eurodns = scum
Sold all my domains there for peanuts long time ago and NEVER EVER

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
is it free to transfer away from eurodns?

i'm assuming no stealth charge??

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
is it free to transfer away from eurodns?

i'm assuming no stealth charge??
It free to transfer but good luck getting the codes from them.

As I mentioned, took 45 days to get one code.

They would rather eat up time sending emails inviting you to stay, why do you want to leave, do you really want to transfer out.

Give yourself plenty of time so you don't end up losing the domain while they are performing their reach around and coping a feel.

crazyd

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
HOW TO TRANSFER DOMAIN OUT OF EURODNS

1. You start the "transfer" with EuroDNS, and the 5-day (totally unnecessary) period begins
2. Any time before, during, or after this 5-day period, you can submit your transfer request at the incoming registrar
3. At the end of the 5-days, EuroDNS emails you the transfer codes for the domain(s)
4. You plug the transfer codes into your account at the incoming registrar, at which time EuroDNS should instantly release the domains to the incoming registrar, but that is not always what happens. You may have to email them to remind them to release the domains (allow 2 days for them to reply to your request). Otherwise you need to wait ANOTHER 5 days (5 days from when you initiated the transfer at the incoming registrar) and the domains will be released by the central registry.

What this means is that it can take 10 days for domains to transfer out of EuroDNS.

You have to start the transfer 10 days before the expiration date, and that's cutting it very close. If the domain goes past expiry, expect to pay a reactivation fee and you'll have to renew the domain with EuroDNS as well. Assume NO grace period with EuroDNS.

EuroDNS says your domain is expired 5 days before it really is, so the point is to start the transfer at least 5 days before the bogus expiration date.

To be safe, start the transfer of domains out of EuroDNS at least 2 weeks BEFORE the expiration date.

EuroDNS has been a fraudulent business for quite some time, so don't expect them to change their ways anytime soon. These people would steal from their own mothers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom