Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024
Status
Not open for further replies.

DomainMagnate

Domain Magnate™
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone had any luck reaching support at godaddy.
I had a couple issues and had to open tickets and tried the online chat.

One ticket is still unaswered for close to a week now, on another I keep getting some random support people copy pasting the same reply once a day without even reading it or trying to help resolve the issue.

Reaching someone intelligent by phone was also a waste of time. Do they actually have any decent support personal working there? Is there was some kind of secret way to contact them to get some help? They've charged my credit card a few times meanwhile, didn't even send invoices or receipts and wouldn't reply to clarify it either.

Domain summit 2024

domainoid

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Depends on who you know over at go daddy.- Clients with account executives get any issues resolved quite fast usually with one single phone call to a direct executive line.-
I've tried online support via chat when emailing didn't work after opening a ticket.-

-If they couldn't help you over the phone it's because that's general support who may not be familiar with more serious issues. :)

Makis77

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I had in one day 3 phone calls and one ticket created for the same issue.
The last phone call was picked up by a woman trying to tell me why I cant login to phpmyadmin in order to import my db before moving a website into their hosting.

She says, sir yo cant use phpmyadmin because first you must move your website with us, I reply to her that this is what I m try to do and a step of this procedure is to move the db and later on the files.
She repeated the same thing numerous times so I tried a different approach.
I said to her that lets say you was correct and I must move my site first in order to use phpmyadmin please tell me how to do that, how to move my database without having access to phpmyadmin....

Thats when we had a 5 sec silence in our communication, then she told me to wait so she can ask her Level 2 support :D

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You need an exec account rep..they usually get back within a few hours.

domainoid

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Tickets sometimes get "escalated" as they put it to a higher level employee or to some manager on duty at the time but as the customer you can't talk to him, when it's done they tell you his decision - after you've been put on hold forever,
or they say they'll get back to you by email, expecting a call is probably not a good idea as they don't do it for regular folk who's a customer there.-

- To get your own account executive you need a lot of domains and to spend a lot of money on gd before they will consider you, it is not easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom