Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Is it a public holiday today in the US?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Roy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I was wondering whether today (Good Friday) is a public holiday in the US or if not are many offices closed anyway?

Simple reason I am enquiring is that I sent a couple of emails yesterday to GeoPublishers.com with a question about membership and thought I 'might' get at least an acknowledgement by now, unfortunately nothing has arrived as yet.

Any help on office opening practices in the US would be much apreciated.

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Many company offices are closed today, although stores are generally open.

(Good Friday is not an official national holiday, but some local authorities observe it. For example, we still got mail delivery today, but our local library is closed.)

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Simple reason I am enquiring is that I sent a couple of emails yesterday to GeoPublishers.com with a question about membership and thought I 'might' get at least an acknowledgement by now, unfortunately nothing has arrived as yet.

I checked their site and it states clearly the prices but I can't figure out what we get for the memebrship.

Do you have any idea?

-=DCG=-

Bill Roy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks randomo. I don't have it marked down as a public holiday in the US. I guess I will have to wait until Tuesday to hear from them.

Hi Adam, I am not quite sure myself! I wondered about what category I would fall in as I own circa. 40 US Counties in the .com and over 1,150 in the .info. Just seems strange to launch the association and not be ready to reply to prospective members, especially after a write up by Ron in DNJournal.

Perhaps they 'know of me' already and are wise enough to not want me as a member. :lol:

Last edited:

scooby47

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Not totally sure re bank hols status looks like they just celebrate easter sunday http://www.usafederalholidays.com/ ( do they get a day in lieu?)
but a whois lookup on the domain to see the regger and the contact details on their site shows that in New Orleans, Louisiana http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=178 it's lunchtime there so approx 6hrs behind us in the UK. I have a similar frustration as I am dealing with a - 8hour time zone on negotiations at the mo and it drives me nuts .. a working day lost at a time .. Hope that helps :)

Good luck

Deleted member 73132

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Separation of Church and state.. you can't have a national "religious" holiday. Christmas is always because the religion is money :)

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
It's not a public holiday but many private businesses determine whether it's a 1/2 day or full day off per their own rules.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
It's also Earth Day for the whole world to celebrate :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom