Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Is it easy to upload

Status
Not open for further replies.

ebrdomains

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am actually going to sign up for some reseller web hosting to host my websites. My question is it easy to upload sites to a web host. I know its a stupid question but I am fairly new to this.

Eric

VirtualT

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You should be able to upload either with ftp and/or through a browser interface provided by the hosting package, usually both options are available.

H

H2FC

Like most everything else its easy after you learn how. My advice is to read the instructions provided and pay close attention to the detail.

Believe me if I can do it anyone can....my problem has always been not paying attention to the detail....I spent most of my life learning to read fast by ignoring the details but that doesn't work when learning computing and building websites.

And BTW, no question is a "stupid" question in this business.....and just because some domainers are better than others when working with websites that doesn't make them any smarter or brighter....its just shows they're more devotive and attentive to the details.....and they've paid the time necessary to learn.....good luck to you.

One other thing....tutorial videos work best for me....and maybe for you too.....if you can find them.

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am actually going to sign up for some reseller web hosting to host my websites. My question is it easy to upload sites to a web host. I know its a stupid question but I am fairly new to this.
Yes it is, but like everything else you need to learn how to do it. Using ftp is quite simple.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Using a good and free FTP client such as FileZilla makes uploading files just as easy as dragging and dropping files from one folder to another on your desktop.

If you find uploading difficult, I would take a step back to publishing. Be sure that you can publish a website before you try to upload files. Learn a little HTML first, it could help.

There are many tutorials available for HTML and using FTP clients.

ebrdomains

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys I am so excited about this. Do you know of any books etc that cold help me out?

Eric

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys I am so excited about this. Do you know of any books etc that cold help me out?

Eric

I don't know of any books (do those things still exist?) that could help you out, but there are many free resources available on the internet. Get in contact with me by PM and I'll give you some pretty good leads tomorrow.

David

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You could start out with Wikipedia. Look up ftp, filezilla, cpanel, web-hosting; these should forward you to plenty of other links. Start off experimenting. Reading books at this point will bog you down. If you're interested in becoming a programmer or system's manager, then you'll probably need to do some heavy reading. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom