Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Is it hard to make $1000?

Status
Not open for further replies.

darrenl

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am just wondering is it hard?

Keith

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Depends on what you do to make it.

Keith

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, what skills do you have?

darrenl

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
PHP MYSQL and website knowledge.

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Darren06
PHP MYSQL and website knowledge.

Go program over @ scriptlance.com ;-)

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
with those skills you should be able to make it in a day or two - but you will have to hone your sales skills to find the jobs.

trust me - they are out there

if you were really industrious, you'd try to find a need and design the site to fill it, then sell those sites (and use them in your portfolio to get more work)

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is it hard to end up with $1,000? In this business? Not at all....provided you START with $2,000. :-D

LarryWentz

Sasquatch Researchin' Pool Hall Junkie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Darren,

I would recommend to get rid of the valueclick ads on your site and replace them with Google Adsense ads on all your pages. Google likely will approve your site and I think you will be happy with the results. The value click ads are not targeted at all for your site.

The second thing you need to do is find more affiliate programs targeted for your visitors and I recommend using more text links - instead of banners. I'm sure you can find a lot of "script" related affiliate programs out there (independent and within the affiliate networks). You can have another section titled "other script resources" or something like that and list links that make you money.

You need to change your thinking. You are not "unemployed" but are "self-employed". Build more sites of your own - make money via affiliate programs - don't sell your sites. That's right - my opinion is that you should build sites for yourself that make money month after month after month...... etc... .

Selling domains or websites that you just slapped up is not residual income. I sold a lot of domains for 2 years straight and worked very hard to make $2000 to $5000 a month. I finally realized that learning how to build even very simple sites and developing targeted traffic (free and paid) was the route to go. I procrastinated 2 years before taking that leap and truly regret it. I now enjoy true residual income and time freedom plus could don't even care if I ever sell one of my 650+ domain names or not.

Larry Wentz
www.AffiliateNetwork.org
www.MultipleDomainHosting.net - Host 200 domains for $29/Month

Ed30

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think that is great advice Larry. Buying and selling names is hard graft. Mostly the hardest thing is keeping your sales portfolio stocked with decent enough names to make a profit on. I am now looking to develop the names I have to generate a steady income.

darrenl

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Google would not accept my site because of 'confusing navigation'.

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am getting my $1000 to $2000 monthly net income now after more than two years.

But it has meant lots of hard work!

darrenl

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Wow what kind of sites are you using?

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm getting about 60% of my income from sales of domain names and 40% from PPC.

I have a stock of around 1000 names and acquire 100 or so a month. As Ed30 says, acquiring names is what takes a lot of time and effort.

I have no income from developed sites, although it looks like it would be a good route to take.

darrenl

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
How did you first get your really good domains?

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I thought my first "really good" domains were ones I picked up for US$50 form the Great Domains special offers (NSI's unpaid domains I think).

At the time I thought that 4 letter domains were the best thing out, and after spending hours and days browsing through the 1000s of names, I invested the little money I had in:

dego.com
sloc.com (not realising it was the olympic acronym)
elvy.com
keth.com
tuel.com
rork.com

I now realise that there is a lot more to life than four letter domain names ;)

I picked up most of my other decent names early on from deleteddomains.com for $9. But once again, this took a lot of time.

Pretty much all of my best sales have been for names that I didn't consider to be "really good"!

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Umm,

If you are a programmer I would highley recomend AGAINST scriptlance.

The bids are WAY too low there and you will be making like $5 an hour.

Elance is a step up but its best to find some company that needs stuff done and get attached to them. So next time they come back to you.

For a programmer I would suggest you charge $20-$80 an hour.

But that depends on your experience.

If you are new to PHP/MYSQL I would suggest maybe you do try scriptlance for $5 an hour and learn from it :)

JMHO

darrenl

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hopefully with my new domain I will get more than $1000!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom