Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Is it just me, or does Sedo suck?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sevent

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In the 3 months since I tried using sedo's services I've:

- Had their stat tracker quit tracking altogether on a very popular website.
- Had a domain purchase fail becuase the person who listed the domain didn't own it.
- Struggled to follow the instructions on their complicated bulk upload spreadsheet
- Had to log in repeatedly, even when I had been active just moments before.
- Tried domain parking and found that only about 1/10 of the visits I sent were being noted
- Had someone make hundreds of spam offers for my domains, which sedo requires you to deal with, one by one, or else receive periodic emails (for each name!) stating that you had a "new offer".
- Asked for email support several times and found the responses to be slow and unhelpful

Shesh! How did this company ever get so big in the DN sales market? :huh:

fatter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have had fair/good results from sedo, their parked pages are easy to optimize, I really dont sell domains much so from parking perspective it pays my reg fees, if you think sedo is bad I could name a few others that take hours to update when you have a couple hundred domains

octobus

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've had good experiences with Sedo. Their parking program would be perfect if it also generated revenue per unique. Would double my income.. lol (2-4€ CPM)

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
fatter said:
I have had fair/good results from sedo, their parked pages are easy to optimize, I really dont sell domains much so from parking perspective it pays my reg fees, if you think sedo is bad I could name a few others that take hours to update when you have a couple hundred domains

Well-said and I fully agree.

ParkQuick.com

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sedo certainly has strengths and weaknesses. I agree with fatter that making changes there is convenient. Their CPM is sometimes not as good as other services since they seem to just use Google ads and not Overture and others. Their 1-click landing pages often make up for it.

I did have a similar problem with their bulk spreadsheet. Several people there didn't know how to help with it.

Overall I am pleased with them and I usually get very courteous and prompt email responses from them.

typeins

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I tried listing about 1500 of my names on sedo just for the hell of it to see what would happen.. Mixed results so far.

I am doing a test by paying for a premium listing on a domain, which i frequently get offers direct from the whois on for x,xxx or xx,xxx

So far nothing from sedo.

Sure there are plenty of retards offering like $100 on names etc.. but as for actual offers that are worth going forward with.. nothing so far which doesnt really stress me because to be honest i dont want to sell 90% of them anyway :) But i thought i would check it out and see what happened since i've heard so much talk about it.. i hadnt listed a domain on a site like that since afternic back when that first came out so it made curious.

S

SedoCoUk

Hello everyone,

Good to see most of you sticking up for us! As far as Servent's stat tracker is concerned, I can understand your frustration. It is a service which we outsource so we have no control over it. However, we have had almost no complaints about it as the firm who provides the service for Sedo and our customers is one of the best in the trade. Servent, if there is still a problem, you can, as always send me an email and I'll see what I can do for you.

- Had a domain purchase fail becuase the person who listed the domain didn't own it.

We carry out extremely strict ownership verification tests on every domain listed with us - most complaints are because our tests are too strict!
If a seller lists a domain that does not belong to them, it could be because they've sold it but have not removed it from their listings. If any of you make a lot of sales, please always remember to delete your listings! Thanks.

- Struggled to follow the instructions on their complicated bulk upload spreadsheet

The bulk upload sheet is admittedly not the simplest document in the world, but it is very thorough and ensures that your domains are listed in our system as accurately as possible, saving you the pain of having to log in and make all the changes individually for each domain.

- Had to log in repeatedly, even when I had been active just moments before.

This is another security feature. Better to be safe than sorry. Some people log in on a public computer and forget to log out which could have potentially disasterous effects if we didn't require users to re-log in after their account has been idle for a while.

- Tried domain parking and found that only about 1/10 of the visits I sent were being noted

Internal tests have shown that we are in the middle as far as counting 'uniques' is concerned. Some parking providers count every Tom, Dick and Harry that comes through, others are extremely picky about what they class as 'uniques'. We tend to err on the side of caution but, as I say, we are around the middle of the pack. This ensures we record quality traffic which keeps our partner, Google, happy which means they pay more per click which means you get more per click.

- Had someone make hundreds of spam offers for my domains, which sedo requires you to deal with, one by one, or else receive periodic emails (for each name!) stating that you had a "new offer".

We try to encourage our users to communicate and negotiate with each other as much as possible, which is why we send the reminders. Something that people often tend to forget, or simply are not aware of, is that you can enter a "minimum offer" in your domain listings. This is an amount - which is unseen by the potential buyer - below which all offers are rejected. For example, if you set 500 $ as your minimum offer and a buyer makes a bid for 490 $, they will receive an email encouraging them to make a higher bid. This leaves you happily undisturbed by low offers. Remember, though, don't set it too high or you might not get any offers at all!

- Asked for email support several times and found the responses to be slow and unhelpful

How could you say that when there are people like me to deal with...? :cheeky: No really, we aim to answer all customer emails within one working day - and hopefully all of them in a friendly, helpful manner!

If anyone has any questions, you can, of course, contact me at the email below and I will try to answer you within one working day in a friendly, helpful manner!

Have a great weekend!

Ed

Key Account Manager
UK Marketing Associate

SEDO.CO.UK :: Buy and Sell Domain Names and Websites
tel within UK 0871 900 8450 :: fax 0871 900 8451
tel +49 221.420.758.156 :: fax +49 221.420.758.11
tel (US) (877)-349-5902 :: fax (212)-202-3951
email: [email protected] :: http://www.sedo.co.uk

Dr. Domaining

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would say you are doing pretty if you are getting 50% of the unique traffic to click.

octobus said:
I've had good experiences with Sedo. Their parking program would be perfect if it also generated revenue per unique. Would double my income.. lol (2-4€ CPM)

typeins

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Update: One of the domains i added from my "spare" collection got an offer of $3500.. which is pretty decent because its a name i have to think about renewing or not every once in a while.

So from my perspective.. SEDO seems like a pretty good place so far :)

Too bad i dont like selling domains anymore.. i could probably sell heaps of them via sedo. But hey, i sell one here or there even though i ALWAYS regret it afterwards lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom