Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

is it possible a domain change from pending delete to recovered back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

refide

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
hi,
is it possible a domain status change from: pending delete to domain status: transfer prohibited?!
without drop at all!!!
thanks alot

refide

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Everything is possible. Money is the root of all power.

i ask so cuz i read here & in other places that when a domain enter the pending delete status, it can never recover back but it must be drop, so your reply means that an owner can pay a fee to recover back a domain from pending delete status? so is it a normal thing? i read that a domain can only recover back from redemption period if pay a fee.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
When a domain enters pending delete (after redemption) it can no longer be recovered.
You need to check the status at registry level because the registrars may return confusing information like 'pending deletion' which is not the same at all...

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i ask so cuz i read here & in other places that when a domain enter the pending delete status, it can never recover back but it must be drop, so your reply means that an owner can pay a fee to recover back a domain from pending delete status? so is it a normal thing? i read that a domain can only recover back from redemption period if pay a fee.

a domain can be expired, and be on the "pending delete" list, as well as if it's in redemption period

in both phases, the owner can renew if that registrar is still holding the domain in their account.

as i just renewed a domain which was listed @ nj's pending delete list

imo...

T

tekz999

You have money, you can make things happen. So yes, pay registrar money, they recover your PD name. Done. Magic.

Infoproliferati

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
When a domain enters pending delete (after redemption) it can no longer be recovered.
You need to check the status at registry level because the registrars may return confusing information like 'pending deletion' which is not the same at all...

What's the difference between pending delete and pending deletion. I once purchased a domain through an auction at godaddy. The domain's status was pending deletion. Turns out the owner renewed it a day before the domain would have been delivered to me. Made me mad as hell.

refide

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
a domain can be expired, and be on the "pending delete" list, as well as if it's in redemption period

in both phases, the owner can renew if that registrar is still holding the domain in their account.

as i just renewed a domain which was listed @ nj's pending delete list

imo...

but was your domain that you renewed in the redemption period or pending delete status?

yes, the domain entered pending delete [after redemption] & i was checking the domain from inside it's registrar & other whois places when it was domain status: transfer prohibited till redemption period till pending delete so from what tekz999 said i learnt a new thing in this case that i read before can't be done but a domain can also be recovered from pending delete status too after paying some money, fees .....etc
You have money, you can make things happen. So yes, pay registrar money, they recover your PD name. Done. Magic.

Last edited:

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What's the difference between pending delete and pending deletion. I once purchased a domain through an auction at godaddy. The domain's status was pending deletion. Turns out the owner renewed it a day before the domain would have been delivered to me. Made me mad as hell.
Well technically the name did not expire. It was not renewed by the owner but it was provisionally renewed (by the registrar) with verisign. The registrars have up to 45 days to cancel the autorenew...

yes, the domain entered pending delete [after redemption]
Then it should have dropped. What is the domain ?

floname

Hopeless Domainiac
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In my experience, unless the domain makes it to the chopping block - and in some cases even then - for the right price any domain can be recovered. Registrars are widely unregulated and a lot of shady sh*t goes on behind the scenes.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well we are talking about the registry here :)
I'm still waiting for an example of a gTLD 'rescued' from registry pending-delete.

I think conspiracy theories stem from:
  • not reading the whois correctly
  • not understanding confusing registrar-specific wording
  • not checking with the right whois server (again: registrar whois !=registry whois )

Aon21

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
refide - same as per last reply in a different thread. Your only option is to open a support ticket with them and hopefully they will help

PM me if you want some help, as long as it's not time-intensive I'm happy to help clear the BS for you re: the real whois status vs. what NoDaddy says ;)

wael

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The domain owner can often still recover a domain name that is pending deletion, but it will be costly. I had one that was pending delete and I was quoted $250 to recover it. I passed.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
wael - it was in pending renewal or deletion; pending delete (the final 5 days) is irreversible.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It is important to read (and understand) the registry whois carefully.
In some extensions like .us .biz etc:
  • pending delete restorable = redemption
  • pending delete scheduled for release = pending-delete
;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom