Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Is it possible to monitor a registrant?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Such as the whois.sc function to montitor a mark. Does anyone know of a service that will email you when a registrant registers a new domain name.

Ex: I want to know when and what domain names my competition is buying.

chopos

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think the easiest way is if your competitor has his own dns, this way you could discover every time he adds a new domain to his dns, analyzing the root files.
The other options which I can think of would mean analysing all the root files daily, and updating whois peridically, but I think it will probably be very complicated.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
chopos said:
I think the easiest way is if your competitor has his own dns, this way you could discover every time he adds a new domain to his dns, analyzing the root files.
The other options which I can think of would mean analysing all the root files daily, and updating whois peridically, but I think it will probably be very complicated.
No custom DNS.

It's something like zone-edit.

chopos

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In that case I think you can only do it through whois monitoring, but you would have to monitor the entire database for changes in registrant and new registrations.

Another option if he has his own server or a dedicated ip to host on, is to check new domains on his IP, use webhosting.info an insert one of his domains, you can then do a reverse check by clicking on the IP this will show you all domains hosted on that IP, if he has the same IP for all his domains you can just monitor this for changes ;)

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
there's a service that does this

but not sure if they choose the list of companies that they monitor or if you can specify a particular company to watch

it's expensive though

$499 gets you in

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
MediaHound said:
there's a service that does this

but not sure if they choose the list of companies that they monitor or if you can specify a particular company to watch

it's expensive though

$499 gets you in
Bruj's Mojo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom