Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Is It That Hard to Get into a Moniker Auction

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomainCEO

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Moniker recently announced their list of domains accepted into the TRAFFIC auction in NYC.

I own over 2,000 domains (from very good to average), nevertheless, I can't seem to get 'any' names accepted. It's unbelievable to me...:sigh2:

So, I'm curious... 'is it that hard to get names accepted?' I've tried for the last four auctions and no luck! It's very frustrating and even disappointing. I heard they received over 70,000 names, but maybe they need a better system in place to filter through all the names.

Does anyone else feel my pain? I guess if you want to be a real domainer, you gotta learn how to buy and sell on your own... right?

OK.. well I feel better after getting that off my chest. I'm new to DN Forum, so I hope I meet some cool people here and make new business contacts... if you see any domains you like (in my portfolio)... send me a PM and we'll work somethin' out! Have a great weekend everyone!

Simsi

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As a point of info, I went to CAC Amsterdam and also registered for the CAC Auction list. There were so many domains on the list, it was difficult to research them properly, and many domains were way off what you would call "premium", or speaking as an end-user in that industry, not even interesting to be totally honest. The actual number of domains that attracted bids was comparitively small, so I wonder if perhaps Moniker are trying to limit the list to the highest quality domains only for TRAFFIC? Maybe.

WeBuyThe.Com

WE BUY DOMAINS
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Go thru the list and send only your top 50 with reasonable reserves.
They really like 1-2 word generic dot com names

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I dont know what kind of domains you had or what tld's they were, but it's not as difficult as your making it out to be, If your domains were dot coms and all 2000 were refused, perhaps your reserves were high, but they would of sent you a letter if that was the case.

DomainCEO

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yup... I would agree with you. I guess it's also a tough call as to what someone thinks is a 'premium' domain or would be willing to pay a premium price. Hmmm... hopefully you still had a nice time in Amsterdam! :)

Thanks... I agree with you too... I had a mix of .com and .mobi. Perhaps my Reserve Price was too high! Thanks for the advice! ;)

Gramma

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Maybe you have a crappy rep at Moniker too - you might want to see about getting another one if you still want to submit domains in the future - get one that is responsive and that will give you some feedback.

mfm

Level 2
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
post your top 3 that got refused. id be curious to see what you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom