Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Is legal action against NameSecure the best way forward?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joess83

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have bought a domain name from someone for $8k but they are now having huge problems with pushing it to me from NameSecure. I have been copied in on all correspondence and I am 99% sure he really is having genuine problems rather than scamming me.

What would your next move be? I have a signed contract with the seller and my inclination would be to take legal action against NameSecure to force them to push the name to me.

All advice gratefully received...

jazzpetals

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ask the person you purchased the name from for log-in information and then change the info to yours.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ask the person you purchased the name from for log-in information and then change the info to yours.

I don't think anyone would do that (would you?).

Exactly what is the issue? Is the domain <60 days with NameSecure? Is renewal coming up soon (some registrars might "hold" onto it though that just to get another reg fee)?

How long has it been (days, weeks, hours?). The registrar's tech support should be able to give the seller a good explination as to why it hasn't been pushed yet.

jazzpetals

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've done it more than once, for sales I have made and also have had sellers do it for me.

<quote>I don't think anyone would do that (would you?).<quote>

joess83

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The issue is that the registrar (namesecure) simply won't reply to any support emails/calls asking for the domain to be pushed. Their customer service is non existent.

It has only been seven days but it's not good...

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The issue is that the registrar (namesecure) simply won't reply to any support emails/calls asking for the domain to be pushed. Their customer service is non existent.

This doesnt sound true !. Have YOU got a namesecure account ?. Trying ringing Namesecure up. 570-708-8418

DG

simon

Senior Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

why dont you ask for the auth code and ask him to unlock the domain and then you can put a transfer request.

joess83

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This doesnt sound true !. Have YOU got a namesecure account ?. Trying ringing Namesecure up. 570-708-8418

DG

Have you tried calling that number? "In order to remain competitive in the domain market namesecure have moved to an email only response". And then when you email them they don't respond. It's not pretty.

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Have you tried calling that number? "In order to remain competitive in the domain market namesecure have moved to an email only response". And then when you email them they don't respond. It's not pretty.

Nope havent called i am in UK.

DG

BLazeD

Selling
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I had the exact same issue with NameSecure before.

They are absolute IDIOTS to deal with. You have to follow all their ludicrous procedures by the letter or they won't do anything.

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This is where and why ICANN is such an impotent waste of time organisation. It should be getting involved ACTIVELY and yet it seems to do nothing at all even if you lodge complaints. What the F are ICANN in existence for if not to bring Registrars into line ?.

DG

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If the seller can easily get you the authcode and unlock the domain, then the simple answer is for you to initiate a registrar transfer for the domain into your domain account at your current registrar...

Once it's transferred in, then update the Whois / DNS and you're good to go.

Ron

Brett Lewis

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What the F are ICANN in existence for if not to bring Registrars into line ?.

That's a rhetorical question, right?

ICANN has never been funded or equipped to be the policing and standards body that many would like to see.

joess83

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Still no luck. Customer support just don't reply to emails and there is no phone support.

I suspect legal action may be the only way forward but it's not an ideal option.

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Something just doesnt sound right here. Are you sure the seller isnt ripping you off ?.

DG

joess83

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Not 100% certain but pretty certain he is not. I have a proper contract of sale with him and I know both his home address and where he works (and what his job is...and the money is probably a very small % of his annual income).

I do honestly think namesecure are just hopeless. But it would be nice to find someone who has managed to get them to respond in the last six weeks or so.

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Not 100% certain but pretty certain he is not. I have a proper contract of sale with him and I know both his home address and where he works (and what his job is...and the money is probably a very small % of his annual income).

I do honestly think namesecure are just hopeless. But it would be nice to find someone who has managed to get them to respond in the last six weeks or so.

Have you tried emailing them using a pseudonym on some made up reason, and see whether they reply to THAT email ? Then if they do you know they are specifically avoiding your important email.

DG

Jeffreyw

Football Club owner
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
About 3 to 4 years ago i sold two domains registered in Namesecure. I had to give the account to the buyer, gave him the username and password. It was since there were only two domains in that account, and no credit card info was saved.

Namesecure apparently did not have a push option in their control panel. You have to email admin about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom