Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Is May Revenue down too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

babehunt

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm stil seeing a huge decreass in CPC, on well over 70% of my domains, I don't see how May is turning out to be any better than April are others noticing the samething or am I a lone wolf here?

agellert

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My CPC increased dramatically in April and is even higher in May, so I'm a happy camper at the moment.

sm9766

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My CPC decreased dramatically in April and May as well.

I am looking for some other domain parking companies for this matter.

agellert

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have 90% of my names with Smartname.com - my parking revenue doubled when I switched to them.

icanhelp

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I agree! Earnings for MAY 2006 down 50% on APRIL 2006, which was also down 50% on previous month.

What good's useful stats if they don't monitize? Is this the EXCITING development Trafficz have been touting since February?

Looks like there's nothing left to lose by switching to another progam.

Ian

DNF Exclusive
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i am witnessing a mixed month--my domains were earning a lot in the beginning of this month then all of sudden this week there has been sudden drop in clicks though uniques have remained the same

getaddicted

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
hmm for me.. its pretty good.

my earning is pretty good this month its better than april..

im happy..

icanhelp

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Judging by the nature of these posts, it looks like those who are losing are in the majority. If this is typical of how revenues are reflected across the average Trafficz account, it'll be interesting to see how many domains are parked elsewhere over the course of the coming months.

Personally I don't need Trafficz! However, I do believe it's perfectly reasonable to expect continuing decent returns on domains that previously performed well before the Trafficz/Yahoo alliance.

techguy1

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I agree. I'm down even more than April and am looking for another place to park - I'lll be out of Trafficz in the next couple of days

Name Trader

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm experiencing same as Abraham. Good beginning, dreadful now.

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My average for May is the same as my average for April.

cayars

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've noticed both trends on domains on our service. Some "category" of domains have risen quite nicely while other types have nose dived. Many times switching from a google based system to yahoo/overture based system will help (or vice versa). Overall I'm seeing about $20/CPM rise across the board comparing today to 60 days ago.

I think it depends on the type of domains you have and where your traffic comes from more then anything else. Probably the best advise I would give domainers is to diversify your portfolio just as you would do with stocks.

Carlo

icanhelp

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
cayars said:
I've noticed both trends on domains on our service. Some "category" of domains have risen quite nicely while other types have nose dived. Many times switching from a google based system to yahoo/overture based system will help (or vice versa). Overall I'm seeing about $20/CPM rise across the board comparing today to 60 days ago.

I think it depends on the type of domains you have and where your traffic comes from more then anything else. Probably the best advise I would give domainers is to diversify your portfolio just as you would do with stocks.

Carlo

Hi,

Whenever it comes to investing, my advice is NOT to diversify - but rather target!

In the Trafficz scenario, the best approach also is to target successful markets. You'll not make it BIG playing safe. Playing safe is what the average investor does and will only result in your investing in a broad portfolio of domains which is much like throwing mud at a wall to see what sticks.

If you don't have this information already, by far the best tactic in relation to domain acquisition is to ask Trafficz directly which markets or categories of domains are making the best returns. This information will enable you to target your domain aquisitions in these areas.

One example of what I mean could be to acquire domains of a financial flavor. Financial category domains can also be broken down into further sub-categories such as investing, business, loans, debt and so on.

cayars

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think you contradicted yourself. You ended up showing exactly what I was talking about (investing, business, loans, debt, etc). I see way to many people "latch on to" one particular category such as "debt" and have 200 domains about nothing but "debt".

Overture bid prices on some of the keyword/phrases used on these domains rise and fall between $5 and $15. That's a difference of 3X. But yet people get bent out of shape when it's at $5. Had these people been smart they would have about an equal amount of "contra" domains. I call these "contra" because there are certain types of domains that sort of counter each other. When one is up the other is usually down (yet still good earners) and vice versa. With a mixed portfolio of these types of domains the owner is seeing an average of about $10 bid clicks. But more importantantly they have a "balanced domain portfolio" that holds earnings much better against seasonal changes and outside forces. It's a lot easier to "count on earnings" this way.

I myself prefer something more of a balanced portfolio because my earnings are pretty steady and I can count on the income. This doesn't mean you need a one-to-one ratio of domains. It could take 3 domains from CAT B to equal one domain in CAT A to keep things "dead" even.

I don't think there is a right or wrong way but I just wanted to point out that there are ways to structure your domain portfolio to keep things pretty even and still make a lot of money. It's just a matter of putting thought into it.

sm9766

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I do not have a certain type of domain portfolio but diversed domains in my portfolio but experiencing dreadful bid down.

I don't think the bid down in the Trafficz is not because of member's portfolio type but because of overture bid down.

Kunas

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've compared my May stats to June stats(1st 5 days) and I'm down approximately 33%. My portfolio of domains have increased 18%.

I will be watching this month closely!

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm 6 % down comparing first 5 days of June to 1st 5 days of May.

However, first 5 days of May were all week days whereas 1st 5 days of June include Saturday and Sunday.

Saturdays and Sundays tend to be around 20% less than weekdays for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom