Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Is Moniker For Me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHA7

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am looking for a reliable registrar for my business domains where I can get maximum security and peace of mind. I know that some registrars would shut down your domain/s anytime "anyone" sends them a complaint about the domain or the site's content without providing any proof or legal documents to support their claim.

I am looking for a registrar that will NEVER cancel my domain unless it explicitly violates their TOS or they get a valid court order to do so.

I've heard that Moniker is the most secure registrar. So, should I go with Moniker?

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I see that many members are actually moving away from Moniker because of frustration with customer support (or the lack thereof) + persistent bugs. Maybe they used to be good, but the first thing I would expect from my registrar, aside from security, is to work seamlessly so I don't have to get CS involved to fix issues that should not arise in the first place.
As a software engineer I believe that any application that is plagued with bugs cannot be secure :)

To be fair, I still prefer Moniker over GD.

PS: congrats on your first post in 5 years :)

jrzeygirl

Best Customer Support
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes AHA7 - Moniker is for you! We're a top notch domain name registrar!

Email me for more information!

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's real good how Moniker is active in the forum, unlike most other industry firms (with just a few exceptions) who rarely if ever participate. Bari is always available on the boards, via email or even on her Facebook page to help with any issues when regular support is slow.

DTalk

DomainMan
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Recently, I had a situation where a name I owned was put to auction at Sedo by someone else (ie it was an unauthorised attempt to sell my name).....There was a risk the name could be stolen....It was registered at Moniker.

I immediately emailed Bari at Moniker- plus opened a ticket at Moniker CS - explaining the situation - and asking that action be taken to ensure that domain could not be allowed to transfer out of my account.

Moniker reacted like greased lightning.....I was immediately contacted by a senior person from Oversee, who legal locked my domain (so it could not be moved) + Bari kept in touch....until Sedo (at my request) cancelled that unauthorised auction, and the problem had passed.....After the situation was resolved, I notified Moniker, and, they immediately restored normal settings on my domain again.

In short, when a security issue arose - Moniker/Oversee were incredibly effective, fast, and cooperative....Outstanding, in fact.

I give a lot of the credit to (Moniker representative) Bari in getting action.

In fairness, tho, it would have been interesting to know how Moniker would have performed if I'd only used the normal Customer Support Ticket system.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am looking for a reliable registrar for my business domains where I can get maximum security and peace of mind. I know that some registrars would shut down your domain/s anytime "anyone" sends them a complaint about the domain or the site's content without providing any proof or legal documents to support their claim.

I am looking for a registrar that will NEVER cancel my domain unless it explicitly violates their TOS or they get a valid court order to do so.

I've heard that Moniker is the most secure registrar. So, should I go with Moniker?

don't have a problem with moniker, but i also don't think their security is any better than enom, fab, namecheap, netsol, or dotster, to name a few

i've been with enom since i joined this forum

never had a domain canceled

every registrar should have security as part of standard service....not an add-on.

you should read some old threads in the Registrar discussion section.

members used to post there about issues with registrars, and maybe you can get an unbiased opinion based on your own readings.

imo...

cbk

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score

Last edited:

AHA7

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thank you all for your input!

Hopefully I won't be disappointed by Moniker's service or support. I'll get in touch with you, Bari, in case I need any help or have any questions. Thanks!

PS: congrats on your first post in 5 years :)

:asleep: :lol:

radioz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The whole registrar system is a problem but that is for another day! I primarily use Go Daddy as they are the cheapest, frankly. I do not care for some of their marketing methods but they have an excellent control panel (the best that I have used) and the only time that I have domains stolen they worked quickly to get them back. Go Daddy, Name Cheap, Moniker, and Dynadot seem to be some of the best registrars. Dotster and ENOM are fine too but they are more expensive and no better. I would strongly recommend not using Directi or any of their many shell registrars such as Answerable.com. If you change your email you will probably never get back to your names and I have had them cancel transfers out that did result in cancelled names. Using their customer service system is like talking to an echo chamber. You get nowhere. RegisterFy.com is a legendary disaster and should not be used in the unlikely event that you run into them.

Moniker does have a discount for DNF members. You can look them up in the registrars portion here. I would caution that the great prices that they will give you are primarily for new registrations and not renewals so they are sort of mostly useless.

I don't believe that anyone of these registrars is going to cancel your name intentionally except of trademark holds and court orders. The unrecommended ones may loose them for you though. I am open to someone disputing it but the rumors that Go Daddy and possibly others do this are simply urban legend as best as I can tell. If a any registrar cancels a name that you own for other than expiration or a court order you probably have a very valid reason for and ICANN complaint (which registrars take seriously) and a lawsuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom