Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Is move by ICANN to have all registrants verify ownership by email still in effect -

Status
Not open for further replies.

YOYOYO

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've been trying to find out if the plan to have all registrants verify whois information, in response to email sent by the registrars, is still going to happen.

Every time I start reading something about, it's as though it's not quite official yet.

I'm all for everyone suing ICANN right now, I think this is the greatest thing that's happened in a while, and I think this plan to have email verification for all domains, could be stopped by a lawsuit.

Whether it is official or not, it is just grazy to have an email determine if someone will keep a domain name or not.

If for no other reason than, the world wide email system, has never been, and is now especially, completely unreliable for what you may expect to successfully receive or send.

The most recent viruses have taken email down several notches as a dependable form of communication.

There are many people, who won't even open their email for fear of receiving a virus.

Second of all, this fantasy notion that, having correct whois information will somehow bring to an end cybersquatting and all other legal issues that trademark and copyright lawyers deal with, makes no sense.

What is suppose to be gained by having correct whois information.

It seems the trademark and copyright faction believe that this would mean, "Oh boy, now we know where to deliver the lawsuit."

What else could this push for correct whois information be about.

If that is the reasoning, then it is an unrealistic expectation.

If anyone is using incorrect whois information on a mass scale to protect themselves from being identified, all they will do is register a corporate name somewhere and get a post office box in a remote country, and the whois information will then be correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom