Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

is MyDomain.com stealing our traffic

Status
Not open for further replies.

smoothlime

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
All the domains at mydomain.com is currently being redirected to their OWN affiliate.

This is what says on the page:
This site is either under construction,
or there , .may be a issue with the Free URL forwarding service in which case our technical staff is currently working the situation.

From what I understand, they simply can redirect all of the traffic from ALL redirect domains to their affiliate ONCE a day for an hour, and still make enough money to run that service for FREE!

Check it out:

americanwar.com
386party.com
artsandantiques.com
barracuda-sportfiske.com
bioflex.com
athensrealty.com

etc etc

I'm smelling fraud

Spider

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yep, I just checked my own sites and it's the same thing.

smoothlime

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
When there is an malfunction in the system, nobody should be making money. Otherwise, this simply looks like mydomain wants to make some money, by presseing the "oops-the-system-is-down button"

smoothlime

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dupe post . delete

.com.net.org

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This is no good. :)

--flash--

Level 1
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
(posted this reply to this thread as well since more than one was started on this topic relating to the same incident: http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=32722)

As an employee of MyDomain.com, I can honestly say that there is absolutely no "stealing of traffic" going on through our service. If the MyDomain customers posting on this forum had checked our own forum, http://forum.mydomain.com, yesterday they would have seen the announcement about a large DDOS attack that took the forwarding services down for a few hours. During the process of mitigating the attack, an error page was loading which did contain advertisements.

Because we value our customers opinions, we will be changing this page dramatically. Thank you to all the members who helped contribute to this process.

Again, there's nothing malicious going on here. Any of the members on this forum are free to PM me for more information, or anytime for questions you may have about the MyDomain.com services.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom