Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Is NameDrive experiencing another attack?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidAusman

David Ausman
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is namedrive experiencing another DOS attack? Homepage and parked domains are down.

Vorty

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Probably... everything down here too.

NameDriver

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

This is not actually an attack on us, but our hosting provider is down at the moment due to a power failure. They are doing all they can to solve this. After everything that happened to us, this is horrible timing, but things should hopefully be up and running very shortly.

I can confirm that the attack on Thursday was the same magnitude as the one that knocked us out the previous week but was successfully repelled within 4 hours. We made compensation for that time on Friday evening.

So far, we have been down for about 45 minutes due to this latest incident, so hopefully the downtime can be kept to an absolute minimum.

Ed

joe1919

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
crazy...bad luck. hope it comes back soon.

DavidAusman

David Ausman
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Website is still down after several hours.

Ed, Im sorry to ask this stupid questions! Is it really power failure? Coz, usually it won't takes hours to bring it back online.

NameDriver

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Yes, it is really a power failure. After I have let you know constantly what is going on when we are down, I'm not going to start making stuff up now.
There was a power cut in the area where our servers are and the backup generator failed. Our guys then had to get an electrician at 5.30 am on an National Holiday to come and fix it.
Things are getting back up now and should be OK shortly.
Sorry for the inconvenience, the impossible timing of this only serves to make the downtime even more frustrating.

Ed

gemsergio

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Call it bad luck :)

NameDriver

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I apologise for the inconvenience again, everyone.
This feels a little like an episode of 24.

For a rundown of events:
- 10 days ago, we were hit by a massive DDOS attack which took 48 hours to repel fully
- 4 days ago, we were hit by an attack showing exactly the same patterns on the same scale which was repelled within 4 hours.
- This morning, the power went down in the area of Canada where our servers are located at about 05.30 local time. The backup generator failed. Our server guys then had to find a technician for the generator at 6am on a Monday which happened to be a US national holiday, Labor Day.
- About 08.15 local time, we came back online again.

I'm not sure what the likelihood of a power outage is in a developed country like Canada is nor on the odds of it being timed so badly both from a logistical point of view and coming when we had just been brutally attacked, but I'm pleased to say that we are back up again.

For the third time in 10 days, we'll make sure you are compensated for something outside our control inconveniencing you.

Hope you all have a great week.

Ed

centurion

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Is your office built over a graveyard or something ? Who were the perps in the attack ? Russians ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom