Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Is netsol really that bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NameTower

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
From my expieriences with registers I am suprised to say that they are one of the easier ones i've dealt with.

Now the prices are too much and all.

But compared to GODADDY, DOMAINSTOBESEEN, ANY WILDWEST RESELLER, POWERPIPE, it's been more than easy.

godaddy/ww reseller = the worst interface I have ever seen.
never get my transfer emails
slow support

domainstobeseen = i bought a name from duke who got it from snapnames or pool, and it was just TERRIBLE. I couldn't even change my whois there!

powerpipe = i bought a name from there, THEY TRIED TO MAKE YOU PAY FOR TRANSFERS OUT! Biggest scam in the world. I believe they changed their policy on that, but any register trying to pull that has got some real issues.

but with expieriences with netsol have been just fine.
I always get my emails
Transfers out are speedy.
Interface is nothing to complain about.

can anyone clear up why people dislike netsol and wouldn't take the free transfers from there?
was there a catch?

:eek:k:

- Jordan

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
To be frank, starting from early LAST YEAR (2003) after they implemented their new account system, NetSol has been good. HOWEVER, they were once oh sooooo terrible that not a single veteran registrant would ever dare using them again. Yes, the ownership kind of changed hands (that was also the reason behind their sudden improvement, and this alone tells how "proactive" they are), I still would NOT recommend anyone to risk even with the free transfer offer (which I guess ended a while ago). Reason? NetSol had been terribly awful for sooooo long and the bad blood is so contaminated that not only high-level management (probably shuffled with the acquisition) but the whole organizational culture going way down all the way to junior supervisory level has not been aligning with the current competitive market. I'll definitely give them a try when the last employee from the old regime is fired.

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i have 25 names there as an experiment.
(Less than 1% of my domains.)

Only to get the free renewal.
They were slow to transfer domains into.

Now, the big question is, how difficult will it be
to transfer them out of there.

I will try later this Spring.

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Actually Netsol has improved quite a bit. They have changed their old policies on faxed requests for auth codes (that always seemed to get turned down) to a very quick answer for a request.

They have a very good account manager system now and easily accessible VIP support via a tool-free number. That toll-free # is something I wish Enom had.

Now I'm hoping they will wake up and drop their prices to match the rest of the market on regs and renewals, and make url forwarding free. They do that, and they have my business.
Doc

pavsta

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well i just started my domain bussiness earlier this month so i really have no experience with them but they look good.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is netsol really that bad? YES.

Tried a test with them, like others. The DO answer the phone now, and it's toll free, but so what?

I've attempted 11 account-to-account transfers (WITHIN Netsol!). 7 failed (!). All 7 times, I had to make at least 3 phone calls, at least 30 mins on the phone each time, every person saying "gee, we haven't seen a problem like this before", and I rattle off the support tickets numbers where it HAS happened before.

Oh... and yes, I have "VIP status", where "guaranteed 24 support turnaround" means nothing gets done in less than FIVE DAYS. Seriously.

At least 20 hours of my time wasted on Netsol so far. I will get away from them as fast as possible.

OH... and on my transfer in, some names went to ANOTHER PERSON'S account. The other guy was very nice, and confirmed he never heard of me and never requested the name transfers.
My own attempts to request transfers to my account "failed".
10 phone calls/emails later Netsol agrees to put the names back in my account, IF THE OTHER GUY CONFIRMS THE TRANSFERS! Absurd! Luckily the other guy was honest and confirmed the transfers.

BTW, the free transfer promo ended.

NameTower

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
im going to add registerfly to that list.
why is it so god damn slow!
honestly i have been loading the same page for OVER 10 minutes.
no joke.
and im on cable!

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by NameTower
... and im on cable!
So you're using Rogers? I guess they *might* be the problem more than RegisterFly. I have heard complaints about their (RegisterFly) pages loading slow, but I never had any serious delay.

WebCat

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
OK, here's my NetSol Nightmare:

Had a problem with a domain. Sent 4 emails, got no response. Called three times, each time with a different person. Each time promised the problem would be solved. No action ever taken.

Finnaly I said F-you, and tranferred everything to GoDaddy, where one email or phone call gets any problem solved, and if you call in they sometimes have killer "phone only" specials on domains and renewal and transfers.

Also, Netsol will do anything they want with your domain, and don't seem to care in the slightest what you think. Just look how they totally screwed DotComCowboy and Adam (DNF Owner) with Secretary.com and Indiana.com!

SO for me.... it's either GD or Tucows, even though I have a couple hundred scattered around through various purchases. As they come for renewal, I transfer them.

WebCat

HeavyLifting

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
NetSol makes my blood boil. I would rather see all my domains expire then give those criminals one cent. and if the new ownership is night-and-day different that's just too bad. the bad feelings will linger for years. they are (or were) truly one of the most terrible companies i can possibly imagine. the stuff of nightmares.

RMF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've always found registerfly to load REALLY slow. I did figure out a trick though. Use netscape. Its MUCH faster then IE for some reason.

I haven't used netsol, so I have no opinion on them. With all the problems people have had though, I wouldn't bother with them. I prefer using 000domains.com.

RMF

NameTower

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
GD is slow on support from my expieriences.
enom was good
now I use moniker.com

opportunitymagic

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I transf'd about 70 domains to netsol to get the free 1 year extention on the domain. As of yet I have had no problems. Most of the transfers took only a few days. The only transfers that I could not make work were the ones that I have with some of my enom accounts. I did everything correctly and they still would not transfer. oh well, what do you want for nothing :)

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by NameTower

enom was good
now I use moniker.com

Me too!
Got me really good account in moniker and now use them! Really good support + free features.

Never used NSI, but I have used register.com - but they really suck!

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Never had a problem with Netsol

Just dont like theri RGP policies :(

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Steen
Just dont like theri RGP policies :(
... but that RGP is an ICANN thingy, and not even a registry-level decision.

URLtrader

Domain Champ
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Difference of price ($35 vs $9) is huge. If you have 400 domains it amounts to $10,000 per year ! And to transfer a domain you need to fax the documents ! Considering this bad is too mild a word .

Togoodhlth

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by stuff

Me too!
Got me really good account in moniker and now use them! Really good support + free features.

Never used NSI, but I have used register.com - but they really suck!

So stuff and NameTower using Moniker. And I thought I was the only forum member who had made the switch.
I am now reging all my names through Moniker and their service/price/features are all awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom