Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Is our information being sold here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

insomnia

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, for some reason lately I've been getting spam mails from domain selling services like Fast Domain Sales and some other ones that I can't remember (all of them require some sort of membership payment).

Is our information being sold from here? DCG, let us know. Thanks

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yea.... i have as well..... :(

how did they get my email ???

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
With all due respect, a post like this is NOT the way to find out. You can't discern with ANY degree of integrity, if something is happening by asking others how the feel about stuff.

Directly ask the people in charge in a private correspondence, and wait for a response. To "call people out" in public on suspicion is akin to publically posting "Hey, do you beat your wife? Let us know." It may sound honest enough, but even if it were true, there'd be no way to address the question without problems. If it weren't true, there's no way to answer the question without suspicion of deceit.

I was glad that Namecaster told me via PM some of the allegations some folks have toward the new ownership. It's very disturbing to see people day after day shooting out innuendo and leading questions, without really saying what is on their minds. It gets old really quick.

I'm not saying whether these allegations DO or DO NOT have merit. They clearly need to be approached in a different way however. Many people have given straight information regarding why they have negative opinions regarding certain companies that steal drop lists. I don't have to grope in the darkness as to why this person sounds so negative when a certain company is talked about. They say it straight. Everything should be so simple.

In my opinion, if you disagree with the state of things, you should ACT as decisively and with as much integrity as you can. If I disagreed with the management on any fundamental level, I would not be here. Likewise, if I had a problem, I would bring it up with them in private. If it then became a large problem, again, I would not be here.

Once Greg thought I was implying that he was giving our e-mails away. I was annoyed, because then, as now, if that was what I thought (as an accusation), I'd have e-mailed him about it to clear it up first.
http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21805&perpage=20&pagenumber=3#post160735

I think his response however, certainly may apply here.

Nexus wrote - I would have appreciated an e-mail announcement from DNForum instead of junk like this (from a third party opportunist). Also, I'm concerned, wondering how it was that [company] actually got my e-mail address in the first place.
Gregr wrote - I can't stop spammers. If I could, they would have all been stopped long ago. If you are insinuating I gave them your email address, you're sadly mistaken.
Nexus wrote - No. If anything, I was wondering if there is a security hole being exploited in vBulletin (this happens)--

~ Nexus

insomnia

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Uhh... okay...wasn't really expecting such a long response, I'm just curious as to know. Do you know?

timechange.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
1. Hide your email in the options - don't put it in the signature
2. Use a domain address specific to the forum you sign up - or a junk mail free addy like yahoo (best choice).

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by insomnia
Uhh... okay...wasn't really expecting such a long response, I'm just curious as to know. Do you know?

Click on User CP

Click on Private Messages

Click on Send Message

Send a PM to nhlrat (Admin) or DotComGod (Owner) and ask.

insomnia

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, I could do that, otherwise; since your suggesting it, perhaps you already know the answer?

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by insomnia
If you were serious about finding out, you would fully understand what I was saying and just PM or e-mail DotComGod or NHLRat. You might even try to catch them in the chat room. NHLRat has been in there before for questions regarding issues like this.

By the way, do you pick your nose? I have my suspicions based on your distracted response to my message.

~ Nexus

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by nhlrat
Very simple answer....NO.
Thanks, NHLRat. I feel sorry for the next idle question someone asks regarding their "suspicions". Here's to your health.

~ Nexus

Drama, drama, drama.

S

Sammy

Originally posted by Nexus
Thanks, NHLRat. I feel sorry for the next idle question someone asks regarding their "suspicions". Here's to your health.

~ Nexus

Drama, drama, drama.

Thanks Nexus, that's exactly the stuff we have been talking about as of late. After seeing your response, at least I feel some are getting the message :)

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If it was an e-mail or PM, "that" would certainly be "that". As it stands, can I recommend that this thread be closed?

This would be a very important post if all communication avenues to dnforum management had been exhausted, and distinct patterns had been unearthed between correspondences from a few astute and reasonable members. As it is, it amounts to "white noise", I'd just as soon not see it brought up again when I click on "VIEW NEW POSTS".

Thanks,
~ Nexus

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

No members online now.

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom