Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Is paypal payment from bank funding source immediate??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridge

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Im in canada, and have a premiere verified paypal account. If i buy something and choose my bank as the funding source does payment go through immediatly?

Domain Days 2024

VirtualT

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yes, as long as you don't choose an echeque.
I think you need cc backup for instant bank transfer

Ridge

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ok so I have a cc and a new bank account on my paypal file. I should be able to send a payment from my bank funding source and it goes through immeditaly?anyone know if they pre-authorize the credit card for the same amount?

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't believe they pre-authorise the CC backup source, thats why many won't accept anything but paypal balance.

Ridge

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
but if a bank payment is immediate would it not matter about what is in your paypal balance?

anyone from canada know the answer to this? Ill email paypal eventully but i was hoping to get the answer here rather than wait 5 days fora reply from paypal

Gabriel

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you select your bank account as the source of your payment, it takes about 5 business days to complete the transaction.
That is my experience.

Ridge

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you select your bank account as the source of your payment, it takes about 5 business days to complete the transaction.
That is my experience.

So to sum it up from your experience it takes about the same time to make a payment using the bank as a funding source as adding funds to your paypal account from a funding source?

thanks

Gabriel

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So to sum it up from your experience it takes about the same time to make a payment using the bank as a funding source as adding funds to your paypal account from a funding source?
Good question. I frequently receive payments to my Paypal account, then I don´t have to fill it. Anyway I think it would be the same period, 4-5 business days.

Zoobar

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Paypal may place a limit on the amount of funds it will let you use for bank payment.

Funds will go through immediately to recipient.

Funds will come out of your bank the following evening.

Ridge

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Paypal may place a limit on the amount of funds it will let you use for bank payment.

Funds will go through immediately to recipient.

Funds will come out of your bank the following evening.

thanks zoobar,

one quick thing. are the funds avalibale to the recipient or are they on hold in their account?

If this is the case, can the seller tell the difference between funds sent to him that were in a paypal account vs funds that came from a funding source?

sorry for all the questions, i just want to be well informed before i start buying domains using a funding source.

Gabriel

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Recipient receives a notification of the payment, but if it comes from bank source, Paypal tells also that the payment is pending. The email is titled: "Notification of a Pending eCheck Payment". And inside the email: "This eCheck payment will remain Uncleared until the funds clear from the sender's account".
Seller also can see in his/her Paypal account when it is expected the funds will be cleared.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom