Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Is Pepsilime a trademark?

Status
Not open for further replies.

steven22

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Is Pepsilime a TM name?

They do not have any trademarks on the name pepsilime or pepsi lime listed anywhere.

Currently pepsi owns diet pepsi lime .com and i bought pepsilime prior to pepsi registering dietpepsilime

Any thoughts?

DNGeeks

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Pepsi is trademarked, and since the domain contains their trademark they could say it is confusingly similar and registered in bad faith or simply claim trademark dilution.

draqon

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
steven22, your domain is definitely a trademark infringement. i would let it drop, not worth the high risk it entails.

financialtraffic

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The word Pepsi is backed and protected by a company that literally has mountains of disposable cash.

I doubt it would trouble them much to defend their legal business name. It's not worth the potential headache.

steven22

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I am glad none of you are lawyers...LOL

We have come to an agreement and the domain has sold for $4500.00

Thank you for your imput!

Dr. Domaining

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The domain hasn't officially been transfered yet. It looks like Steven still has it. My guess is that Pepsico is willing to pay the small sum of $4500 to get the domain because it is probably less than or equal to the amount of money it would cost them to fight for it. There is also a possibility that they are launching the new beverage sometime in the near future and they don't want to risk not having the domain in time for launch.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So what you are advertising here is that if we all register pepsi related domains for the $6.00 reg fee, we can expect a company like pepsi to settle with figures in excess of out of pocket expenses.

The mere fact that Pepsi settled without issuing you a non-disclosure as terms of sale is very suprising.

I will grab my popcorn, sit back and watch to see if the whois information changes over to that of PEPSI Co.

Pull up a seat everyone..... steven22 vs. Pepsi Co is about to commence

octobus

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
And nobody pays ransoms to kindappers either... I've had a similar experience with a major non U.S corporation, though I only grabbed the domain for it's traffic and didn't know they would want it back.

draqon

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
you arent the only one who thought that, adoptable. its easy to accidentally transpose the letters when you are reading it. i hope pepsico is smart enough to market it as two different words, Pepsi Lime, rather PepsiLime or anything like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom