Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Is permission from the manufacturer required to use a photo(s) of a vehicle I own?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Area52

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Do I need permission from the manufacturer to use a photo(s) I have produced of a vehicle that I own and display it on my website as a background image for a category link or small banner promoting the site?

RustyK

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No. You bought it. You own it. You do whatever you want with it. Of course within the realms of the law. :)

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The only thing you can not use is their logo. The car is yours and you can do as you wish.

marcorandazza

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Do I need permission from the manufacturer to use a photo(s) I have produced of a vehicle that I own and display it on my website as a background image for a category link or small banner promoting the site?

Probably not, but Ford has taken pretty aggressive (and I think over-reaching) positions on issues like this in the very recent past.

Area52

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses, except for the bathing suit thing. I didn't think I needed permission, but you know our lawmakers.
They have enacted so many laws that no one person could possibly know about all of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom