Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Is Registering with Afternic Worth It?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frontline

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Before I go ahead and pay Afternic $49 to list my names, I was wondering what your opinions is of it. Is it worth it to pay the money so you can list your domains there? Have you made any sales because of Afternic? let me know, your opinions are valueable :)

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
flush the $49 down the toilet...its the same thing.

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score
Friends don't let friends regsier at Lafternic. :laugh:

-Bob

DNQuest.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
AfterNIC has been a bif zero for me.

Gomains

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Zero customer service, and they want $49 for it. Total lunacy.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

debath

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Sleazy,

Ok - get the $49, keep $7.95 aside, go to the store, buy a bottle of your favourite alcoholic beverage, drink the lot - go register some silly name like:

MyFriendsToldMeNeverToListNamesOnAfternic.com (which you will think is an EXCELLENT name once you have drunk the whole bottle of alcohol), then:

Say you have about $28 left, burn the $8 or throw it in the toilet and make a wish :) - AND - after all that, you're still about $20 in front and you haven't wasted time going to afterawhiletheymightrespond - woops, I mean afternic.

I guess from this, you can tell I'm pretty negative about f**kernic. :)

Have fun ...
Deb

S

Silverwire

Originally posted by BigFart
Many of us registered for $5 at Afternic because they had a great chat room.

I don't know if anybody ever sells a name there anymore.

If nobody here gives you the heads up then I agree. It is just flushing the $49 down the toilet.

Most of us could list names there if we wanted to (because we are still members) but most don't.

When I registered for $5, I believe the deal was you'd get the $5 back if you processed a sale through the site, but I never saw my $5 again. Their customer service was useless.

Am I imagining those terms? Anyone else remember that being their deal?

I suppose it's not worth the trouble of a class action, but maybe one of our resident attorneys might be interested if there are enough members here who support it. It's the principle that pisses me off, cause I know I've already spent $5 worth of effort already e-mailing Afternic customer service.

adoptabledomains

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Forget Afternic.bomb
Forget GreatNobrains.com
...both are on life support and would seem to rather close and flush millions down the toilet than change their business model to one that works.

The only one similar still operating is sedo.us / sedo.co.uk / sedo.de, etc. I think their model is better, but they need to come to the top with some promotion.

I think there are a few others working on alternate plans though, including perfectnames.com who posts here.

FSNet

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Am I getting old or is it now $49 to sign up for afternic? I remember paying $5 for the service and then I couldn't figure out what I was paying for. I never understood this site and I still can't figure it out. Such a joke, haha!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom