Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Is sedo auction good for seller?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain Days 2024

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've recently had 3 name sales (where the reserves were met) go to auction. I don't think Sedo needs to add 10 days for payment on top of a 7 day auction time frame. With some regular transactions taking 2 to 3 weeks to complete, does this mean that auction names will take up to a month for payment?

At Sedo, it's common to have buyers disappear or reneg on payment. I think Sedo needs to take credit card information before anyone is allowed to make offers, or bid in auctions. Upon completion of a sale or auction, the buyer should be billed immediately.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I would appreciate some input from someone who used sedo auction.

1. How much fee?
2. How long before you see the money if it sells?
3. Overall experience?
4. Would you recommend it?
5. Better alternative?

Thanks in advance :)

1. if you get an offer, you can take it straight to auction and only pay the regular 10% commission amount.
2. once domain is trasferred, funds are released. I've gotten my payments within 4 days after receipt of domain.
3. Sold 2 domains in the month of November thru sedo auctions. Currently have an offer pending.
4. yes, if you get an offer above what you would sell it for.
5. unsolicited offers via email or phone, transacted thru escrow, but exposure is great at sedo auctions if you have decent name.

d_n

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
1. if you get an offer, you can take it straight to auction and only pay the regular 10% commission amount.
Unless you sell a domain for $200, then the commission is 25% ($50)... I don't have the money after almost 1 month. Would they even find the seller back?
BTW they sold yesterday free-blog.com for $760 which IMHO is not a great price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom